This is a discussion on new member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone. i figured id properly introduce myself instead of just posting things. Hopefully i will be buying an 04 ...

Hello everyone. i figured id properly introduce myself instead of just posting things. Hopefully i will be buying an 04 sti that has 30k on it next week if everything goes well. i test drove it and couldnt get rid of my smile the whole night. anyway my name is sean and ill be around here until i cant type anymore lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Howdy and welcome!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Cool, welcome to the club. Hope the sale goes well.

Ohh, yes, STi's are nice!!! Welcome.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck with your purchase !

Welcome to the site.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Exclamation Careful

I have been told by many people(a few from experience) that used STI/WRX are pretty beat up because of...well...driving. People that buy one tend to have fun with it, and they should , but buying used means it may have some problems. If you get a warenty besides the manufacturer one then good cause you may need it.

This is a simple warning to all that plan to buy a used STI/WRX. Besides, an extra 5k isn't that much for a new one is it?

Peachypumpkincheeks

As long as you do your research and know what you are getting into, then go for it!

I bought a used WRX in great condition! Just because it's used doesn't mean it's been abused or taken to the race track! You just have to look for signs of mods and it's definitely best to have a mechanic look it over first!!!!

I recommend reviewing these threads first before making your purchase:
    Purchasing tips: Purchasing Tips
    How to buy a used WRX: How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

Welcome to the club! Good luck on getting your own Subie, and don't forget to post pics!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws
    I have been told by many people(a few from experience) that used STI/WRX are pretty beat up because of...well...driving. People that buy one tend to have fun with it, and they should , but buying used means it may have some problems. If you get a warenty besides the manufacturer one then good cause you may need it.

This is a simple warning to all that plan to buy a used STI/WRX. Besides, an extra 5k isn't that much for a new one is it?
    I would NEVER buy a used WRX/STI/EVO....... everyone knows how they are drivin, and modded. The only possible way I would buy a used one is if I know it was owned by some
    40-60 year old woman.

The fact that it is a rally car in heart and has enough power to race common cars and win means young children like me will go out and drive it to its full petential.

I have a little brocher thing that has recomended checks for your car, it says check oil at 7k miles under normal driving and 3k under severe conditions. If it was for sti, it would say, check oil at 7k if you are equal to or older than 50 and 1k if you are younger than 50.

...ok so I'm bad at telling car jokes but atleast I tried!

yeah i know it may have been drivin and i know that i myself dont know who owned it but i drove it and it was fine also i brought it to my mechanic and he told me it was good. also the dealership is giving me a warranty covering EVERYTHING. if this was not the case i wouldnt have got it. and as someone just said 5 grand may no0t be that m uch more for a new one but, the 10 grand difference between mine and a new one is a big deal also i go to school and cant afford that much right now . in the future i will by a new one tho. thanks for the help and the welcoming