New guy. Planning to buy 06 wrx sti soon

This is a discussion on New guy. Planning to buy 06 wrx sti soon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just found this website and decided to join. I test drove 06 wrx sti today. Very impressive. Planning on buying ...

New guy. Planning to buy 06 wrx sti soon

Just found this website and decided to join. I test drove 06 wrx sti today. Very impressive. Planning on buying one soon. I am a ford guy but always liked the wrx's and my wife finally told me last week that I can go get one if I sell some of my toys to put down on one so the payment would be reasonable to aford. I have a 93 teal cobra 10's second car and wife has a 03 cobra 11.88 car and I have a crewcab ford 6.0 4x4 diesel which runs 12.96. My one questions is? To make close to 450 hp on the sti. Would I have to upgrade the clutch or trans. Or will it take that kind of power. Not going to beat it all the time. Just want more power if need. Thanks guys and any info would be greet and hopefully in a month or two I will have one in my garage. Thanks again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You may need a new clutch but the tranny should be able to hold it for a reasonbly "long" time as long as you dont launch it all the time.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

If you want to make 450 crank HP, you probably could still use the stock STi clutch, lots of people have been making 300-350 at the wheels with that clutch. If you want 450 at the wheels, you will need a new clutch, forged engine internals, full fuel system, new turbo ect ect.
    Of course, it is different for everyone, I read of one guy who burned out an sti clutch in 9 days and he was stock. But like I mentioned before, i have read of others who make big power on the stock clutch.
    stupidman has spoken

good choice man, i am buying an sti very soon also. i just read the new turbo magazine and it has the big valley sti that has 720whp for the cover car. in that article it talks about what he had to do to the engine and the guy said the stock engine can hold a large amount of power so with 450 you should easily be good. maybe def need a clutch tho

I have been thinking about the car today and seen a couple sti 05 on the road. Can't wait to get one. All ready looking for performance parts for it. Aftermarket rims and tires for it also. I don't care for those bbs rims.

I feel you on the BBS wheels. They are a little to old school or something for me.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by Teal93Cobra
    I don't care for those bbs rims.
    Let me know if you need someone to take them off your hands
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

You don't like them? I think they look pretty damn good. .

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    You don't like them? I think they look pretty damn good. .
    I don't dislike the brand BBS, but I don't get tingly when I look at the STi rims. It almost throws the car off, especially since every other STi is Blue, and the rims look urine colored on them or something.
    Subie should have put the Legacy GT Spec B wheels on the STi, and given the legacy something else. Spec B wheels look killer IMO
    stupidman has spoken