about to buy a 2002 wrx

This is a discussion on about to buy a 2002 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am about to purchase a 2002 turbocharged wrx i was just wondering what i was getting my self into. ...

about to buy a 2002 wrx

I am about to purchase a 2002 turbocharged wrx i was just wondering what i was getting my self into. I have heard about the transmission issues already, is there any other issues i should look out for? also i am getting the vehicle for $15,950 with 45,xxx miles on it, anyone know if that is a good deal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

first off welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll love your WRX if you do decide to buy it.

Thats a pretty good deal for an 02, I payed $16,900 for mine with 60k miles on it.

The tranny issues with the 02's are the biggest issues with the car, other than that there isn't anything major I'm aware of (or had problems with)

I'm sure there are some other people on the forums that could give you more info on other problems if there are any, and I'm sure they will post up.

Good luck!

BTW, what color?

Quote Originally Posted by infamous1
    I am about to purchase a 2002 turbocharged wrx i was just wondering what i was getting my self into. I have heard about the transmission issues already, is there any other issues i should look out for? also i am getting the vehicle for $15,950 with 45,xxx miles on it, anyone know if that is a good deal?
    That deal sounds just OK to me. I sold an 03 with 31K for 16000. Any mods? For that money, the car should be in excellent condition inside and out.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

that deal is not bad, but definatley not great. I picked up my 02 in July for $15500 and it only had 16,900 miles!!! Of course I was friends with the seller

Anyway, see if you can talk them down some more, I know it will be hard to do since these cars have a good resale value, but see what you can do.
    Stock or something close to it.....

the tranny is not the issue if you don't beat the crap out of it. Just drive normal and don't do 5k launches and you'll be fine. It's a great car, but like every car it has some glitches and its own character.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Quote Originally Posted by infamous1
    Sounds about right - I picked mine up in August for 15,900 with 34k on it.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals