Just ordered our '06 WRX limited today!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just ordered our '06 WRX limited today! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello fellow WRX enthusiasts, My wife and I will be first time Subaru owners soon. We placed an order today ...

Cool Just ordered our '06 WRX limited today!

Hello fellow WRX enthusiasts,

My wife and I will be first time Subaru owners soon. We placed an order today since the color combo my wife wanted is not readily available (San Remo Red exterior with black leather). It appears the red cars are coming out with standard beige interior at the moment.

We have a future visit with the dealer once the car arrives sometime in January. We will need to discuss Service, warranty plans, and financing. My wife will be driving this car about 15,000 miles a year...mostly highway. We were shown the Gold Plus Warranty Plans and they can get very expensive! Are these plans pretty comprehensive? Has anyone had any bad experiences with it? I did see the small print on the pamphlet noting what isn't covered. Any service plan recommendations? I don't intend to modify the car other than tinting the windows....we'll see how long that lasts

I'm concerned about the paint quality of these cars based on what I've read from the "negative" comments about these cars by their owners on several websites. As a matter of fact, our salesman didn't have much to say about my paint concerns other than Subaru's paint jobs are better now than before. Do you think a clear protective film will do the trick considering the number of highway miles this car will see?

I look forward to hearing your replies!

P.S. Garnet Red Metallic isn't available on these cars. We discovered the factory screwed up the window stickers with incorrect paint color descriptions by searching dealer inventories online and then seeing the cars in person. Oh well...I guess truly finding a garnet red WRX would make this car a limited.. limited WRX!

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, and good luck on the purchase! San Remo Red is a great color choice!

I dont know much about the warranty.

As for the paint, Subie paint is weak, and San Remo Red is the weakest for the WRX. The paint has the clear coat in the mixture. It is not an extra coat like the other colors so it chips easily. But it hasnt made me regret the color yet.

Here is a progression of my SRR WRX...

2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

DOWNxSH1FT,

SWEET RIDE!
    I really like the photo of your car on the dyno....car looks great! Man, the temptation to modify my wife's car is great, but I better stick to my own toys.

Thanks for the San Remo paint info. Did the salesman offer you a perma plate option for your paint? It's supposed to help protect the paint finish against oxidation, bird droppings and such. You simply maintain the paint by washing the car. My friend had this done to his Mustang and it worked well for about 1 year (paint was super smooth). I think I'll pass on this $695 feature and just keep up with the washing and waxing myself.

Subaru paints holds up like a brown paper bag in a hurricane and those "paint protectors" are a complete and total joke. Good job not getting that crap. Car dealerships: anywhere else and it's just robbery.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

Congratulations to you and your wife on the purchase! I'm sure you both will thoroughly enjoy it

D0WNxSH1FT - Love the pictures, that is a great looking WRX!

welcome to the club....and good luck with everythin
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats. You're both going to love the car.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I havn't recieved my wrx yet but I already purchased the full rockblocker kit that covers the hood,bumber, side skirts, side mirrors, and fenders. I think it was a good investment since I will be driving on the highway a lot.

Rockblocker

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Snax
    DOWNxSH1FT,

SWEET RIDE!
    I really like the photo of your car on the dyno....car looks great! Man, the temptation to modify my wife's car is great, but I better stick to my own toys.

Thanks for the San Remo paint info. Did the salesman offer you a perma plate option for your paint?
    Thanks man, i love my WRX, and the color is amazing.

I didnt get any paint options.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice choice......i love my LTD the seats, leather, heated everything is a good addition to the car if you ask me. As for the paint option and warranty I didnt opt for them because IMO as long as you keep your distance on the highway and keep a decent wax job on the car you should be fine....as for the warranty it's nice if you can afford it but I already spent 1500 more on the car then i expected ( I should have never of sat in the leather seats)....good luck with her.....
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Welcome to the club!!
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Red is really hot on Rexs... secksy. I might have to get a new red TR
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

I'm still waiting for a ride in my neighbor's slightly modified '05 STI ever since I gave him a ride in my cobra replica a while back, so I'm pretty excited about getting into our own WRX.

302@12PSI - We first walked into a Subaru dealership a little over 2 years ago to see what all the excitement was about concerning the WRX. The test drive left us with a lasting impression. The yellow WRX on the showroom outfitted with dealer installed custom leather seats provided some nice eye candy. To our surprise, the leather seats were not a factory option.

We were pleased to hear that Subaru finally had a leather seat option when we started looking for a car again. My wife found the leather seats on the standard WRX a bit uncomfortable due to the placement of the back support...she's only 5'1 so it didn't quite feel right. The seats on the limited car were just perfect!

Wrx BriT - Are you planning to install this kit yourself? That's exactly what I was looking to put on the car. Let me know how everything goes.

To be honest with you, the thing i most regret about the car is not putting on some sort of protective film within the first week or so (Might want to wait until you're sure the paint has cured, especially since you'll be getting it right off the boat). I have SOOOOO many dings, pits, and scratches now that it's simply not funny anymore. Lots of highway driving, even with he extraordinary amount of time I spend waxing and working on the paint, will turn your red car into a silver one with red flecks on it. I saw a 2002 sonic yellow wrx today at work....it almost made me cry to see the paint simply up and leaving the body like that. Don't give the dealer any more money. Go to a bodyshop and have them install the rockbloker or 3M kit. Since it's a brand new car, I'd say get EVERYTHING covered, not just the nose. Those door dings and other scratches will show up elsewhere.

Good luck and congrats on the purchase

paint sucks and is indeed paper thin (literally). some dude opened his car door into me as I was driving by, so I got to see just how thin the paint really is first hand.

That said, I have rockblocker on and it's great so far. Of course, I have the plastic smoked subaru bug/rock deflector on the hood and I don't drive nearly that much right now, so it's still all good. The side doors though - you will get dinged.. it's just a matter of time.

You may want to do a good waxing relatively early on after you get the car just to add another layer of protection.

Congrats and welcome to the club! Hopefully Rockblocker or 3M will have made a template for the 06 models by the time you receive the car...

-C
    Chris
    '04 PSM WRX Sedan
    Blobeye Syndicate #8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast