Wind Noise

This is a discussion on Wind Noise within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, just wanted to say hello, im new to this site. ill be getting pics of my car up ...

Wind Noise

Hey guys,
    just wanted to say hello, im new to this site. ill be getting pics of my car up soon.

i did have one question...

does anyone have any wind noise when on highway going around 65+? im not sure what it is exactly and i dont want to make any assumptions quite yet... if you want to more of what i have on the car, please feel free to ask...

thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome...

Is this the sound you hear? click the link in the first post... 06 Strange Sound Revisisted (w/ video)
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

no sir

thanks for the quick reply!

no, there is no humming, just wind noise, it sounded similar to the video before the humming, i know it isnt anything mechanical, because it stops if someone is 10 feet in front of me going the same speed, it is wind passing over something i believe...

i dont have a body kit either, everything is stock on out side, except for rims and brakes... i do have a larger tmic, not sure if that is the cause or not...

welcome to the club!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

ive noticed that the wind noise is relatively loud in the wrx compared to other cars, but i think thats just how the car is built..nothing i would sweat
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

another question...

you guys are great... i was hoping the problem was just normal wind noise... typical of many hondas too (can we say that name in here??)... anyways i have another question

to keep with my sleeper look...

the stock canister tip is welded onto the 3" turbo back exhaust... shouldnt hurt performance at all since the weld is so far back away (yes i know, no back pressure is wanted, it is very little though)... do you think it could/would cause stress on the turbo or other problems? i am running the vishnu stage 2 setup, so it is the vf34 turbo..

also, i am looking for an ecutek tune shop, anyone recommend anyone? i live in ohio... i am debating on doing minor tuning myself with the program software, but wanted some advice first perhaps some help.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just a tip welded on shouldn't hurt a thing. They are like 2.5" right?

As for a Ecutek tuner, have you tried googling ecutek to see if they have a listing of tuner shops? Just a thought, as I don't use Ecutek.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I have a whisteling noise around 65, it seems to me (i could just be retarded) that it is comming from the mirror. Between the mirror and the pillar???
    2002 Subaru WRX- 13.5 @ 99
    2005 F-150 Daily driver