newbie with 06 scoobie (pixs) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on newbie with 06 scoobie (pixs) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Congrats and welcome to the club!!! Personally, I'm not really feelin' the rims tho... <shrug>... But sweet ride nonetheless....

Congrats and welcome to the club!!!

Personally, I'm not really feelin' the rims tho... <shrug>...
    But sweet ride nonetheless.
    Chris
    '04 PSM WRX Sedan
    Blobeye Syndicate #8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    you guys think your tax is high... here in ontario its 15%... and we already pay about 6-7k more than USD to CAD price conversion!

and yeah, nice tint.. my brother has similar tint on his protege5 (its a metal based tint but isn't chrome looking... guaranteed to never bubble, peel, fade, or turn purple). i plan on getting that next summer.... nice ride!.. oh, is the adhesive drying alright with the temperature pretty cool now? that is what stopped me from tinting already.
    Not sure when he had his done, but I had my wrx tinted last Friday...and I was able to roll my windows down yesterday with no problems. Even with our stint of 15-30 degree temperatures didn't seem to slow the drying process.

I can't speak from experience, but you may want to reconsider a metallized tint on your car. From what I hear (and it makes sense), metallized tint can impede radio reception on cars with their antenna in the glass. Maybe some have not had this problem, but its food for thought, nonetheless.

And to the poster, it looks like he did do a nice job. Its hard to find good tinters, let alone someone who does it all by hand with no pre-cut kits. Shows some real skill...I've been going to a local guy for years because of his quality. Literally, he's the best I've found in about a 75 mile radius.
    2006 WRX TR - Cobb Stg.1, K&N panel, RSR catback, Cobb short throw, Kartboy bushings, Group-N Tranny mount
    1984 VW Scirocco - Runs on pure money and time, not gas

yeah, the place where my brother did it told him that metalized tint may affect radio reception for in-glass antenas. I'm still considering it though cuz there is no other type of tint installers will guarantee that it will never turn purple. even in the dealership... the 3M tinit they sell doesn't guarantee against purpling. its a trait of dyed films.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

yeah, the place where my brother did it told him that metalized tint may affect radio reception for in-glass antenas. I'm still considering it though cuz there is no other type of tint installers will guarantee that it will never turn purple. even in the dealership... the 3M tinit they sell doesn't guarantee against purpling. its a trait of dyed films.
    Maybe try shopping around to see what you can find. My tint installer gives lifetime warranties against peeling, bubbling, fading, and YES, even purpling (is that eve a word???). Also, he just started something new where if you get pulled over and need to remove the tint from the front two windows, he will scrape it off and reinstall new tint one shade lighter for free...
    2006 WRX TR - Cobb Stg.1, K&N panel, RSR catback, Cobb short throw, Kartboy bushings, Group-N Tranny mount

I Support ClubWRX
    Great looking ride. The '06's are beginning to really grow on me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Congrats on the new ride.

I see they went to an all plastic upper coolant reservoir and changed the way the fuel lines hook up to the the rail assembly. odd.

Quote Originally Posted by nerd
    Maybe try shopping around to see what you can find. My tint installer gives lifetime warranties against peeling, bubbling, fading, and YES, even purpling (is that eve a word???). Also, he just started something new where if you get pulled over and need to remove the tint from the front two windows, he will scrape it off and reinstall new tint one shade lighter for free...
    yeah, i think i just made up the word "purpling'..but it makes sense! hehehe. wow, will he even pay for the ticket you get for an illegal mod? heheh j/k...its good he'll do that. most dealers here will tell you what the legal limit is so if you choose to go darker they're clear of liability. yeah, i'll look around more to see if there is someone willing to guarantee that in won't fade or turn purple over time. the dealer for my bro said that all dyed films will eventually purple.. maybe he's just selling the metal films, maybe not. but i really do have yet to find a dyed film that hasn't purpled years later. thanks for the info.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

yeah, i think i just made up the word "purpling'..but it makes sense! hehehe. wow, will he even pay for the ticket you get for an illegal mod? heheh j/k...its good he'll do that. most dealers here will tell you what the legal limit is so if you choose to go darker they're clear of liability. yeah, i'll look around more to see if there is someone willing to guarantee that in won't fade or turn purple over time. the dealer for my bro said that all dyed films will eventually purple.. maybe he's just selling the metal films, maybe not. but i really do have yet to find a dyed film that hasn't purpled years later. thanks for the info.
    According to my tint shop, the new films they use will not purple...older ones will, but these new ones won't. I don't know how valid this is, but my Focus was tinted for 2 years with absolutely no signs of fading/purpling. I think my tint's brand name is Omega...

Sorry to take the thread off topic!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123