Ended up gettin somethin different
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ended up gettin somethin different within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A while ago I posted about getting an 06wrx or 06STI, but after dealing with insurance companies I found out ...

Ended up gettin somethin different

A while ago I posted about getting an 06wrx or 06STI, but after dealing with insurance companies I found out I was going to get destroyed. I am 23 with a perfect driving record, and Allstate, State Farm, Geiko and 21st Century wanted nearly 2000 for 6 months for a WRX and dont even ask about the STI.

So I went down to Phoenix to take a look at another car I had been eyeing. The 2006 RSX-S, drove it, loved it and bought it that day. Here are a couple of pictures. I still love the Subie boards and love the WRX/STI both so I will still be around looking at your guys' cars and maybe one day I can pick up an STI for a 2nd car.
    Thanks for lookin
    Eric

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Still a great choice, nice pictures.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

nice car! rsx's are always a good choice and man that insurance is out of this world
    2003 sonic yellow wrx mods: K&N drop in filter, koji mod, muffler
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=20&highlight=

funny... i actually was choosing between the two, but went with the wrx instead. i think the rsx is pretty damn sexy... but its something a "young" person would drive... since alot of highschool/college people drive it. plus, if im goin to be putting premium gas in the tank.. it will be because of boost! lol

good choice though... wrx insurance rates are way too ridiculous. getting a 350z wouldve been $2 cheaper a month and its a sports car!! i have state farm and they suck balls when it comes to rates.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMENTED
    but its something a "young" person would drive... since alot of highschool/college people drive it.

Hmmm, that's all I see driving WRX's around here.

RSXs are nice. My friend has one. Get a short shifter and it shifts like butter.

thanks for the comments guys, I still love the AWD of the Subie, and will probably be kicking myself once the snow comes, but with a couple of mods, it is a very worthy car. Someone on Clubrsx.com just posted 283whp with a comptech supercharger at 6.8psi. Not to shabby, I wouldnt want anything more than that on fwd anyhow.

those are nice, my gf makes me drive hers every now and then when she wants to take the subie

Quote Originally Posted by flyin_gnome
    thanks for the comments guys, I still love the AWD of the Subie, and will probably be kicking myself once the snow comes, but with a couple of mods, it is a very worthy car. Someone on Clubrsx.com just posted 283whp with a comptech supercharger at 6.8psi. Not to shabby, I wouldnt want anything more than that on fwd anyhow.

wow. Nearly 100hp increase on only 6.8psi.

Quote Originally Posted by matt30
    wow. Nearly 100hp increase on only 6.8psi.

yeah not to bad, he is putting on a 9lb pully and hoping to push 300 and change. I would be more than happy with 280 though

Nice car!! You are still welcome here.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

damn,that's still a nice choice. insurance was the reason i sold my wrx and got me a forester xt. why is the insurance so high on wrx and sti? i have a perfect record(immaculate)
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

thanks guys feels good to still recieve positive comments on an non acura board, the subie community rocks and a big to insurance companies for jacking up the prices

Just wait till your 25, your insurance will drop drastically. I was paying $538/quarterly and now I'm only paying $78/month. Just avoid those accidents and insurance claims.

BTW, that was my 3rd choice if I didn't get my WRX, great car.

-alex

+1 for a great choice of car. That was the car I almost bought, but decided to grab the WRX and I'm happy with the decision I've made 2-3 months ago.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.