Going into 1st Gear Question

This is a discussion on Going into 1st Gear Question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Usually every morning when I start my car I let it warm up for maybe a minute or so. But ...

Going into 1st Gear Question

Usually every morning when I start my car I let it warm up for maybe a minute or so. But when i pull out of my driveway and release my clutch in first gear, my car starts shaking pretty hard like i was releasing the clutch to fast or something. Even if I let the clutch out slow it still shakes a lot. So I have to rev to like 2k and then release the clutch for it go. This happens only when my car is cold. Once it gets warmed up I just release the clutch like normal and it starts going without any crazy shaking. Is something wrong? Any help would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Search for clutch chatter and/or recall.

Note that there wasn't a recall; however, many posts might refer to the issue as such.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

What SD said.

You will get used to first gear in the cold weather soon enough.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

You've got nothing to worry about. Your car is just cold and will have to warm up to smooth out the operation. But you will get used to it down the road from now that even having the car warm up for a shorter time, your clutch control will smooth things out for you naturally. You'll know what I mean.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    You've got nothing to worry about. Your car is just cold and will have to warm up to smooth out the operation. But you will get used to it down the road from now that even having the car warm up for a shorter time, your clutch control will smooth things out for you naturally. You'll know what I mean.
    Are you sure he has nothing to worry about? My car doesn't do that so I am guessing he may have a problem.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    Are you sure he has nothing to worry about? My car doesn't do that so I am guessing he may have a problem.
    Yup, we're sure.

It is a known issue. Searching for clutch shutter will get you lots of info. There may be improvements with the newer clutches or you just haven't experienced it yet. I used to get it on my '02 WRX and have not gotten it on my STi.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.