2006 WRX Newbie some pics - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX Newbie some pics within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nice new ride i like those new wheels and absolutely would kill for new brakes but still don't like the ...

nice new ride
    i like those new wheels and absolutely would kill for new brakes
    but still don't like the back end
    But congratulations
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tgwrx05
    If anyone else lives in the chicago burbs, i'd love to meet up.
    pm'd u about the meet this friday
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

greeting from the land down under

Hey guys....

just joined....and just got the 06 wrx but unfortuanatly cant pick it up till next year because of delivery difficulties?????? i saw plenty in the showrrom.... oh well anyways couldnt help to see that the brakes have changed but what has been the change?????

Welcome! Great looking car! $22,9 out the door? Wow, is it a TR? Seems like a great price to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastapuck
    Welcome! Great looking car! $22,9 out the door? Wow, is it a TR? Seems like a great price to me.
    Definitely a TR. Look at the black side mirrors and the front bumper has no fog lights.

I'm starting to like the TR model a whole lot for the cheap price. Seems like a lot of people over on NASIOC are also picking them up for around $22,900 + sales tax & registration.

Hmmm, put a 7K deposit down and finance for 60 months and I could have payments around what my wife pays for her Lancer.

22.9 plus T T L.

Since I had an 05 WRX before the TR, I can tell you alllll about the diffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tgwrx05
    22.9 plus T T L.

Since I had an 05 WRX before the TR, I can tell you alllll about the diffs.
    23.9 should be plenty doable for a regular WRX.

We need to find a quick way to distinquish the TR from the Regular from the Limited. I'm tired of typying Regular all the time.
    Hard work pays off in the long run but procrastination pays off now.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #015
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon - stock
    1991 Dark Emerald Green Mustang LX 5.0

It is all personal preference. For me, all of the extra stuff didn't warrant the extra $1000. If you want fogs and whatnot, do it. I just wanted a 5-speed wrx, if they had one without the spoiler, I would have opted for that too.

The seats IMO, after testing both hold you just as well in the TR and are more comfortable. The CD is not as nice, but to me a CD player is just that, a cd player. Actually it is really nice because the TR has an extra slot under the single cd player to put stuff. Cell phone, ipass, wallet, etc. Climate control, blah, manually adjusting my heat and a/c is fine.

IMO if I had the extra 1000 to spend. I would just buy the TR, but instead of buying a WRX, I would dump the money into the factory short throw shifter, the factory upgradeable exhaust and a boost gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by SubeStang
    23.9 should be plenty doable for a regular WRX.

We need to find a quick way to distinquish the TR from the Regular from the Limited. I'm tired of typying Regular all the time.

indeed. .. well .. i know at least before T+T

I am buying my reg. wrx tomorrow (it's in finally! ^_^) .. for 23.5 before T+T ... so should be just under 25k after all is said and done.
    - Anna

Wise men say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

Easy, the TR doesn't have the STi side skirts or fogs....

Quote Originally Posted by Irish.Car.Bomb
    indeed. .. well .. i know at least before T+T

I am buying my reg. wrx tomorrow (it's in finally! ^_^) .. for 23.5 before T+T ... so should be just under 25k after all is said and done.
    Thats about 600 below invoice. Good work. How long did it take to come in?? I'm ordering one soon.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #015

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge
    Easy, the TR doesn't have the STi side skirts or fogs....
    Thats not what I meant. Read the whole post.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #015

It's easiest to tell the TR apart from the Regular & Limited from the front & side.

TR

Regular & Limited

From the front
    TR: side mirrors will be black, no fog lights in the front bumper
    Regular & Limited: body colored side mirrors, fogs recessed in front bumper

From the side
    TR: body colored side skirts
    Regular & Limited: body colored STI side skirts

I can't think of any sure way to tell the cars apart from the rear as the spoiler is an option on the TR, and according to the info I read on Subaru's website it appears to be standard on the limited and possibly even the regular WRX???

Only way I know of telling the limited apart from the regular WRX is to see whether it has a sunroof and leather seating. But that'll be hard to do if you're driving past one on the highway...

Thats about 600 below invoice. Good work. How long did it take to come in?? I'm ordering one soon.

Thank you I ordered it on September 28th and it came in 2 days ago .. I think that is 7ish weeks?? They told me 6-8 weeks so I guess they were pretty accurate with their guestimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiketkd
    I can't think of any sure way to tell the cars apart from the rear as the spoiler is an option on the TR, and according to the info I read on Subaru's website it appears to be standard on the limited and possibly even the regular WRX???
    I *believe* the spoiler is not standard on the regular wrx. I haven't been able to find it listed on any websites, and when I ordered mine I didn't ask for a spoiler - so we will see when I go buy it how that worked out.
    - Anna

Wise men say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiketkd
    It's easiest to tell the TR apart from the Regular & Limited from the front & side.

TR

Regular & Limited

From the front
    TR: side mirrors will be black, no fog lights in the front bumper
    Regular & Limited: body colored side mirrors, fogs recessed in front bumper

From the side
    TR: body colored side skirts
    Regular & Limited: body colored STI side skirts

Only way I know of telling the limited apart from the regular WRX is to see whether it has a sunroof and leather seating. But that'll be hard to do if you're driving past one on the highway...

Wow is my post that confusing? I was saying that we need to refer to the regular WRX as the RWRX or the 6JD or something. Its faster than Typing out REGULAR WRX every time.

I know the spec differences between the TR, 6JD, and LTD.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #015

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.