05 STi or 06 STI (Any Differences)

This is a discussion on 05 STi or 06 STI (Any Differences) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys/gals, Im fairly new to the site and Im loading myself with as much info as possible. I am ...

05 STi or 06 STI (Any Differences)

Hey guys/gals,

Im fairly new to the site and Im loading myself with as much info as possible. I am in the market for a new ride... Hopefully a Subaru STI... now which one should I be gunning after... the 05 Sti or the 06 STI? Let me know if there are any differences between the two model years and if there are any reliability issues. Thanks for any help you can provide!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, as im sure you already know, the 2006 was the model year for a makeover. There is a new front end, plus some other exterior bits. The engine remains the same, but there are some other minor things i dont recall off hand but i do know that somehow these things add up to make a "big difference" according to some of the mag. tests. Good luck man, cant go wrong with an STi

Oh, and be sure to use the "search" button, it can answer most of your questions!
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

if im not mistaken the 06 sti sits around a half inch lower and the DCCD is a little different for this year. but thats it besides the obvious front end changes. I was choosing between the 06 and a used sti myself. I decided yesterday after driving an 04 to get that one because of my money situation but all STIs are awesome good luck with whatever you decided

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Please read the stickies in this forum. There is one specifically for this question. Not to be too sarcastic, but try a little harder next time please.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums