VW: Totaled, WRX: On the way

This is a discussion on VW: Totaled, WRX: On the way within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I joined a little while ago, not knowing that my brother would total my car. Well, he did ...

VW: Totaled, WRX: On the way

Hey guys, I joined a little while ago, not knowing that my brother would total my car. Well, he did while I was (am) out of town. Anyway, it's time for the car I've always wanted, a WRX. Here's my question, I do a TON of skiing, biking, camping, etc. I'm thinking a wagn might be what is best for my needs. First question, is there anything out there for under $13k? Also, if I get a wagon (a couple years old obviously) how much would it take, cost and parts wise to be running mid-low 14's? I'm not set on the wagon so I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks guys!
    RIP

And YES, that is totaled ($8k damage).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear about the VR6. I'm not sure if there's much under $13k but you might want to ask someone who owns an 02-03 to see what problems you might need to check for. And if I'm not mistaken, WRXs do mid-low 14s stock, it's just a little hard on the clutch.

Yeah you will be close to 13s if you can drive good and I said close. You wont be able to find a wrx for 13k you will be closer to 16-17k.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

the WRX does mid to low 14s stock.

Ive seen a few WRX's, mostly 02's and 03's under 13k. but they have a good amount of mileage on them (50 - 100k).

If you look around hard enough, you will probably find one cheap enough.

I got myself a 02 bugeye WRB wagon for under 14k with a few mods (uppipe, downpipe, and all the way back, full set of greddy gauges) and it had 54k miles on. Well worth it.

There are deals out there.

Welcome, good luck on the search!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Sucks to hear about your car.

I think you're going to be hard pressed to find a WRX in halfway decent shape in that price range. Not really close to your price range but here's: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ighlight=wagon
    a bad assed wagon that's for sale. It's been maintained very well.

ooo.. the bro wrecked the car,,, are you going to shove his face in the carpet when you get home?

good luck on the search for a wrx
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up