Hey guys ... "NEW GUY"

This is a discussion on Hey guys ... "NEW GUY" within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hello all hmmmm where should i start i just bought a 96 impreaza 2.2 ... yea i know its a ...

Hey guys ... "NEW GUY"

hello all
    hmmmm where should i start i just bought a 96 impreaza 2.2 ... yea i know its a WRX or 2.5rs or anything but maybe i would be able to get some help with my car and what not .... i am sorry again i am new so i dont know how to work this an all ...

1.) is there anyway other then putting a 2.0 or and 2.5rs motor in my car to put a turbo on it ... maybe there is some way to putting a turbo and finding one that would fit my car who knows...

2.) also is there anyway to be able to pull off the pins off the gagues in my cluster b/c i got the new gauges that change from blue to red and so forth i broke one the pins my mishandling it and what not

i hope some1 reads this and gets back to me thank you all for your time and plz replie ... help out the newbi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Whit3y
    1.) is there anyway other then putting a 2.0 or and 2.5rs motor in my car to put a turbo on it ... maybe there is some way to putting a turbo and finding one that would fit my car who knows...
    ummmmmm i'm sure that there is way to do that but you would have to know what you were doing. Too bad for you i'm one of the people who don't know how sorry.

Ian
    Not a 100% sure but there is a company called AVO that makes turbo packages for the older Subies, they might have one for you

Try forced air tech. I believe they have kits for the GC8 and they also do custom work.

hey thanks guys i will look into that today

go to www.nasioc.com .... its a forum for all imprezas, not just for the wrx/sti

from what i know it's a pain in a butt to swap WRX motor to a older Impreza. It fits in perfectly , no probem , but you need to have all the wiring harnesses swapped too and THAT's A BIG PROBLEM. There is thread here, when guy was doing it to his GC body and it took him like 6 months but he was doing it himself. I know it's been done, but it takes good Suby mechanics and a lot of money to do it.
    Turbo kits are available for stock non WRX engines but you can't run too much boos on them if you don't want to blow your engine. I think you have to stay below 10PSI. Anyway, do some research and deffinately visit NASIOC, there is much more info there about older cars.
    Good luck with whatever you'll do
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY