Another hopeful
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another hopeful within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, another hopeful WRX owner from Cincinnati, Ohio here. I currently own (and selling) a cleanly modded '02 Celica ...

Another hopeful

Hey guys, another hopeful WRX owner from Cincinnati, Ohio here. I currently own (and selling) a cleanly modded '02 Celica GT (mods and pics here). Hopefully, within the next month or two I'll be picking up a new manual '05 or '06 WRX in either white or black. I feel like I've just outgrown the style of the Celica. It's kind of odd though since most of my friends who have sold their Celicas ended up buying Subarus (mostly WRX's and a Legacy GT in there)...

I'm aware of the difference in the engine displacement but heard that the '06 shifts a little better than an '05 does? Is there any truth to this? I did a quick forum search and didn't see anything offhand.
    '02 Celica GT (For Sale)
    Soonish: '06 WRX Sedan (hopefully!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

was your car on Pimp My Ride?

Haha, thankfully no. You'll notice there isn't a bling factor and it doesn't look gaudy.
    '02 Celica GT (For Sale)

welcome to the club and good luck
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Keller
    Haha, thankfully no. You'll notice there isn't a bling factor and it doesn't look gaudy.
    Sorry, wasn't calling it gaudy, just alluding to the fact that there really wasn't anything done to improve the performance. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just a matter of taste I guess.

What's your asking price on the Celica? I considered getting one of those for about 5 minutes until I tried to sit in it and couldn't even get behind the wheel. Being excessively tall has a lot of disadvantages.

Good luck with the sale and buy.

Np, I wasn't taking it as gaudy, but every car they do on that show makes me laugh. There isn't a lot you can do for a reasonable price to a Celica to increase hp outside of intake, headers and exhaust. There are turbos out there, but it's just not worth it since you would need a Limited Slip likely a clutch, also. The Celica's not a speed car, but handles wonderfully, which I worked with by putting the suspension together.

I'm asking 18. KBB value is 13, I've invested over 8 and there's also the body kit which is a factory option, but isn't included in either the KBB or mod values. It's low milage and isn't heavily beat on. Also, I'm 6'2", 205 lbs., so I can understand where you're coming from, I fit and barely don't hit the roof.
    '02 Celica GT (For Sale)

have you gotten much response to your efforts to sell? I'm always hopefully to see someone get their money back after modding a car.

I've just started the hunt for buyers maybe a couple days ago and haven't put in serious effort quite yet. I've gotten feedback that I'd have a potential buyer if I lived a hell of a lot closer to So. Cali. Within the next month, I plan on putting it in Autotrader, which I expect is where I'll eventually get my buyer from. I'm not expecting much more than half of what I put into it on the mods, which is right where 18k will put it. Thanks for the well wishes though, it's much appreciated and I could use any help I could get.
    Last edited by Keller; 11-02-2005 at 10:08 PM.
    '02 Celica GT (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan
    was your car on Pimp My Ride?

if it was on pimp my ride it would have about 12 more TV's in it. Mostly in places you couldn't see.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Also a waterfall, and a built in ping pong table. Then it would be pimped.

I always thought about replacing the rear seats with a waterfall...

Ok, maybe not.
    '02 Celica GT (For Sale)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.