Hey all. Newbie

This is a discussion on Hey all. Newbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I, tomorrow will be a new owner of a ...

Hey all. Newbie

Hey guys.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi.

I, tomorrow will be a new owner of a 2004 WRX sedan.

It will be an Auto-tranny since the wife cannot drive a standard for crap.

But any tips about this perticular model?

I did find out my insurance will jump up to $17 more a month then my previous car which was a 1999 Acura TL.

Thanks all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

And here are my tips for you:

*Modding is fun! But make sure you search the forum a bit first for answers because there is so much info available at the touch of a button!

*Enjoy driving your subie. You will love it. And even though most people here favor the 5spd, I had mucho fun driving the automatic as well.

*Treat your car with kindness and it will be good to you. That includes premium gas only (and make sure your wife knows that too)!

*This forum is the bestest! We are a helpful, fun, rowdy bunch, so I hope you stick around!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    Howdy and welcome to the club!

Should have gotten a MT so you had it to yourself!!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Howdy and welcome to the club!

Should have gotten a MT so you had it to yourself!!
    No kidding. Trust me, I tried. lol

I think w/ the auto I will not get as excited and alway do the redline thing.

Had plenty of Hondas that I did that to. Got me into alot of trouble.

- But thank you all for the welcome.

I never ever drove a WRX, but everyone I know says they are a blast. W/o a test drive we are still purchasing.

Can't wait.

You will love it, welcome!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    You will love it, welcome!

Hi again.

1st off let me just say I took a 105 mile trip to get my 04 WRX.

Never owned a Sub'ie or ever rode or test drove in one.

1st expression: Wife, my 2 kids sales rep and myself all fit into it. Weight w/ everyone inside was about 550lbs.
    All fit inside good. Actually the back was very comfy. Kick the auto in "D" notice a slight tapping... kind of like a Honda valve tap.. nothing major... but the motor was cold. Sales rep said this is normal. I understood.

Anyways took off and got onto hwy 281 floored it. This puppy kicks!! I was amazed on its performance. I really never could tell when turbo engaged or not (maybe it was due to the weight),, since there are no lights or guages that indicates it was on. But it did feel like a vtec,, where you build up the rpms and voom... its off. But of course quicker then any honda I owned .

So we signed the paperwork. I drove the WRX back while the wife in the 05 pahfinder followed me. I was just crusing and what a nice open stretch on I35 back to Austin. I had to see what this WRX can do. Already cruising @ 80... I floored it. RPMS kicked in and witin seconds over 100mph!! my heart started to pump... it was not a scared heart throb, but a good RUSH feeling. Man this thing books!!
    And I am coming from a 99 TL V6. I dont even want to look back. Let me just say I am glad right now to be a new owner of a WRX.

BTW... is it normal to have somewhat a smell of burning due to the turbo??

My wrx has only 31K all stock.

It drives beautifully, doesn't it? Try some moderately hard cornering. You'll get a kick out of that.

Had my '04 wrx sedan for almost a year now and yes, when I push it hard, I do get some funky smells from the engine, but not a lot. Boost never goes above 11-12 psi, so I assume the turbo isn't suffering too much as I've heard you can push it much harder without damaging anything. I simply wouldn't know from experience though... at least not yet anyway. I just took it in for a 30k service though and the service guys said it was still in great condition. (My Subaru dealership is also a performance parts vendor, and as long as I let them install the major stuff, they'll honor my warranty. I love those guys!)

Have fun with your new rex.

get some new shoes and springs and that thing will stick like glue to the road.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

hey guys. need to ask for an opinion.

Finance manager wants to sell me the bumper to bumper engine/tranny warrenty. Which is 5/100.

So which I have only 31K miles.

She wants to sell it to me for $1400.00 so I go for it? The is theSUBIE warrenty direct.

No or go?

I'd say that largely depends on what kind of safety net you want. Also depends on how long you plan to keep the car. For someone like my mother, who knows nothing about cars and tends to keep her vehicles 4-8 years at a time, I'd say sure, why not. If anything, it's nice to have if you don't want to worry about any major problems should they arise. It's also a great thing to mention to a buyer when when selling the car 80K miles down the road. But from what I've heard, these Subies go for a while without major problems as long as you take care of 'em. I've never heard of anyone having any major problems with their stock subie. I personally wouldn't bother with it.

On a final note, if you plan to do any kind of modifications, even just a turbo timer or more efficient intake, they might just turn around and void your warranty anyway. So if you decide to get the extended plan, keep it stock or have your dealership do the installs for you if they are nice enough. Just find that "tuner friendly" dealership.

My 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth.