2007 WRX STI or... 2007 Mitsu Evo X ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2007 WRX STI or... 2007 Mitsu Evo X ? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Now don't get me wrong... The WRX STI is still a very cool ride... It's just... With the new Evo ...

Now don't get me wrong...

The WRX STI is still a very cool ride... It's just... With the new Evo X... When I compare the two...

I don't know... I'll have to see what the '07 brings... But it seems to me I may end up a Mitsubishi owner... If the actual production version is the same as what is previewed... It's pretty hard to pass up.

BG

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The specs are nice and all, but they've never once mentioned a baseline price. For a manufacturer, especially Mitsubishi to have a car like that with those specs in, they'll be costing a pretty penny. +40K easy, and if you compare it to the MR and it's history, close or over 50K. Is the world really ready for a mitsubishi that costs this much (us dollars). They've got an image problem to get over first.

I remember in 04 all the hype about Evo this and Evo that.......and then sneakly 'ole Subaru dropped the bomb on the 300 hp/300 tq STi coming to the states. Caught everyone with their pants down. I firmly believe they will be doin so again.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    The specs are nice and all, but they've never once mentioned a baseline price. For a manufacturer, especially Mitsubishi to have a car like that with those specs in, they'll be costing a pretty penny. +40K easy, and if you compare it to the MR and it's history, close or over 50K. Is the world really ready for a mitsubishi that costs this much (us dollars). They've got an image problem to get over first.

I remember in 04 all the hype about Evo this and Evo that.......and then sneakly 'ole Subaru dropped the bomb on the 300 hp/300 tq STi coming to the states. Caught everyone with their pants down. I firmly believe they will be doin so again.
    Excellent point.

Also, as someone else pointed out, car companies like to exaggerate features during press releases. For a specific Mitsubishi example, the latest Mitsubishi Eclipse concept was touted as featuring allwheel drive, and that an electric battery would power the rear wheels, while a turbocharger would power the front. Producution Eclipse turned out to be front wheel drive all motor. Point is, if you'd hung around for that, you would have been pretty dissapointed. Remember concepts are just that - concepts.

And remember the old adage... If it sounds to good to be true - its probably a subaru.

I want it all

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeGuy_IV
    I feel like a club traitor...
    I have no sense of loyalty when it comes to "stuff". If something nicer comes out, I'll switch over in a heartbeat. I figure if the Evo X is really all they make it out to be, you'd have to be a pretty damn stubborn to pass up the chance to get one.

Anyway, whatever's hot one year will get passed up another year. I'm sure Subaru will come out with something even more tempting in a few years. Then I'll switch sides again over and over until the cycle breaks me. =D

Besides, there's another car I'm looking forward to in 2007. Skyline GT-R! Sure it might come out as an Infiniti and be beyond my financial reach... but that's a another post. I've been reading up on that car since Initial D and wondered when the damn thing was gonna bless our shores. Apparently Nissan plans for a domestic release in '07. Just hope it doesn't look as tacky as the concept vehicle they unveiled in '01. The more recent prototype isn't much better imho. But thats just me.

GT-R prototype

So yeah, forget loyalty. Get the best monster you can get your grubby hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    That would be nice...[fast forward to 2007/8] hhrrrmmm, should I get the spec c or the s205?

I think it is well said...

You don't know what the actual production vehicle will be from the concept...

But if it holds true...

The price doesn't matter that much to me. As long as it stays under 55k I'll be a happy camper. If the Audi S4 wasn't so wishy washy in the handling department... That would be on my list of potentials too... The AUdi RS4 is amazing... But that's beyond my price range... I can't spend 100k on a car. I've got to keep it under 60.

BG

I can't drive manual yet, never tried, but please don't get a ****ing car like a evo or sti in paddle shifter... Please don't you will make me cry

I like the new look of the Evo X, but that is not how it is supposed to look like. It lost it's agressive look as a rally car. If I am not mistaken, it looks kinda like a Eclipse. I don't understand why they are trying to make the Evo look more sleek and sporty. It is supposed to a rugid rally racer and they should have kept that concept.

But again, that is just how I feel about it. And besides, it's not like I have anything against the Evo, it's just that I don't like MItsubishi in general.

I'll stick with my Suby...
    Looks are everything...

You have got to be kidding! That NEW EVO looks like a bad combonation of Dodge's worst car features w/ japanese stylings and a new VW grill.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

anyone seen the 08 impreza yet?

Peachypumpkincheeks

HOly old post, batman!

You guys are responding to a thread that's been dead for a year.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    HOly old post, batman!

You guys are responding to a thread that's been dead for a year.
    Sayeth the pot to the kettle
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

what are you guys talkin about, the evo is the wrx's arch enemy!!!!! go subaru!!!! plus our cars sound way better, the evo sound like all the other mitsu's and dsms!

It's still a Mistubishi. I'll never own one. I'm gonna drive my '06 TR until '08 when they redesign them again, then it'll be Sti time!

Oh, and btw. I think that EVO concept is utterly sickening. I mean that thing's gross.
    2006 World Rally Blue Pearl TR Sedan.
    OEM fogs
    OEM Rear deck lid
    -much more to come-
    VAG-EYE-NA is a beautiful thing!!
    Lifes Necessities: Food,Clothing,Shelter and SUBARUS!!

2008 is going to be a good year! Skyline is coming
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast