Modifications....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Modifications.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I recently got myself a very mint condition Silver WRX 2002 model - I just had it sent to ...

Modifications....

So I recently got myself a very mint condition Silver WRX 2002 model -

I just had it sent to the body shop to remove any imperfections in the body. I just ordered my springs and placed the car on a set of Axis Se7en Mods (black) in an 18 x 8.

A few days ago a tree branch fell on the front end of the car damaging the hood so I just ordered myself a SEIBON Carbon Fiber hood from Kyle -

I do think I'm going the STOCK SILVER SCOOP route on the hood.

So, now that I have wheels and a hood, where do I go next? I figure the car looks good so what's my next step? Do I focus on suspension or start doing engine mods?

I do drive the car about 30 miles a day and don't want a FULL ON STREET MACHINE but I would like to increase my performance -

Can someone enlighten me as to some good next options or ideas? I was reading the post about the SNORKEL replacement piece and keeping a stock airbox. What's the 411 on that? Is it something a novice can install? Better performance that a full on intake?

What engine mods should I start with? Header and exhaust?

Fill me in fellas.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

an em k&n drop in dp and some kind of cat back and you should be cool
    try the search button too. you'll learn alot

I imagine youre refering to a K&N drop in air filter and keep my stock air box as opposed to the full on intake?

What's this I hear about a piece you buy to modify the stock airbox - NOT THE SNORKEL REPLACEMENT - SOMETHING ELSE?

If you just want a daily driver but a little bit of upped performance, just throw on a catback, UP + DP, maybe some sorta of engine management, Cobb would probably be best for a lightly modded car.

BTW, don't worry about headers yet. Stock wrx headers are more than enough if your just lightly modding

Stage 2? Did you happen to read the sticky? Good first mods
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

Looks like to me the next bet is going to be the up pipe, down pipe and cat-back exhaust...

Are there any brands that aare better than others with regards to the up and down pipes?

What should I look for and what should I stay away from?

gutted up pipe and a bellmouth downpipe... Helix, Turbo XS, B&B, Perrin etc.
    2004 Subaru WRX STi, Debadged
    FPgreen

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.