Anticipation..........

This is a discussion on Anticipation.......... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hehe Hello folks Going to be trading in my 02's Civic Si Eggmobile in for a brand-spankin' new 06's WRX ...

Cool Anticipation..........

Hehe Hello folks

Going to be trading in my 02's Civic Si Eggmobile in for a brand-spankin' new 06's WRX Impreza in the next week or two. I..........cannot......wait lol....

Took the 06's for a ride out at Schaumburg Subaru (I live in N. Illinois) a few days ago and was really impressed with it. The transition from engine to boost was almost seamless and smooth...Loved it.

The one thing that kinda rubs me the wrong way about the cars there is that they have like 10...1 is a limited with automatic and the rest are TR's with no options on it other than a spoiler. No foglights, No shortshifter. .No red, no white, etc.

The other thing is I dislike dealers lol...I walk in the door and I can just see the dollar signs exploding over their heads. I went in and got the "what can I do to get you to buy today" routine etc etc...

Folks think I should trade in my car (KBB is 9200ish and dealer was going to offer 9500) or sell it for maybe 12k with mods and wheels still on? Sales tax will be more without a trade but if i get enough cash for my honda to be > sales tax I'd come out ahead by a couple grand.

In anyone's experience would a dealer agree to install fogs/shortshifter on say, a TR as part of the sale? I'm buying the car either way lol.....but man I hate having that feeling of "OMG I LOVE MY NEW CAR mixed with...man I got boned" on the drive home lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I traded in my 04 civic si space egg for an 04 wrx. No regrets on that decision whatsoever. I say if you're not in a hurry to buy the new car, part out the si and sell it private party. You won't take that big of a hit that way. As for dealer installing mods, I really don't know because I bought my rex used from a Honda dealer.
    2004 WRB Subaru WRX

Probably will be going for the actual sale this weekend assuming the dealer cooperates. I wanted the foglights and shortshifter but after lookin on the subaru site, there is like 1 dealer in over a hundred miles with anything but a TR model wrx.....Bleh.

Well the wait is over I'm now the proud owner of an 06' Silver Wrx Wagon!

Took it easy for the first 1300 miles or so and then really got to open it up a few days ago....Good god lol. Makes my 02 Si look like a go-cart.

6 disc changer is a nice convenience as is the auto dim mirror and climate control. Stock speakers however ....are stock speakers hehe.

Real smooth ride but corners like crap on the stock tires. Also, if you happen to get a wagon with crossbars...expect endless whistling lol...

Love everything about the car except that drive by wire gas pedal. It seems there is a minute lag between you pressing the pedal down and the car realizing it. This makes smooth shifting a pain in the ass so far. I am always coming out with a jerky shift unless i granny it because of this. This is my 4th stick shift car and this is the first car I've had a hard time shifting smoothly. It's also the first car I've ever stalled taking off in first gear more than once.

Also, is it normal for WRX's and boxer engines to idle somewhat roughly? I'll be sitting at a light idling and the car kind of jerks and jolts from time to time, like a car that is trying not to stall out. The tachometer doesn't budge while it is doing this like a car that WAS stalling but it was something i noticed. Always had premium in it etc...

I want to get some tint in it before I go and post pics though hehe.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats! Pics or bannation!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Congrats on the new car.

Hehe I'd take a bannage at the moment rather than the blasphemy of posting a dirrrrrrrty new car lol. It's been far too cold to hand wash and I don't trust these car washes up here to hit my new toy with those grit covered spinny things lol....

Now if it happened to get warmer than the 20's lol...*wonders if there is a spray and wash nearby*

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on your purshase! I'm sure you are going to enjoy it.

As for the rough idle..thats normal subaru ECU programming...running rich..etc. You'll have to get an EMS to take care of it permanently. Cobb AP smooths it right out, UTEC will do the same. Lots of choices out there....all depends on your mod path and money.

Cobb AP also makes the DBW feel much more like the real thing.....tip in is much quicker and more reactive.

Drivng and AWD when coming from FWD (and many RWD) takes a different mind set, as it forces you to engage a much smoother shifting action. Learning to rev match is a very good plus in these cars. The transfer of power to the entire drivetrain magnifies every little mistep in the acceleration/clutch/shifting combo. You'll be amazed at the difference in shifting once you try a honda again. A SS with bushings will also help out the shifting action, as the stocker is fairly loose in comparison.

Have fun!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I'm kinda happy to hear you are having problems shifting. It makes me feel better. I've had my rs for about 1 1/2 weeks and I still can't shift quickly through 1-3 without jerking in all three gears.

Anyways... Great choice on the wagon. Forced fed wagons are a thing of beauty. Welcome to the club.