Confusion

This is a discussion on Confusion within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have a stock '05 WRX.... and im confused with my research about wut mods to choose... many say that ...

Unhappy Confusion

i have a stock '05 WRX.... and im confused with my research about wut mods to choose... many say that intakes are bad but why... manuel boost controllers are terrible but why..... blow-off valves are useless but why..... i've seen alot of threads saying that these are bad but these seem like basic mods.... i want too build a reliable daily driven car that can take out a honda s2000 but the only safe mods i know is an up-pipe, an exhaust. dont get me wrong though,nothing to complain with stock.... its just that i hear about all these mods and then sooner or later i see a thread saying that its terrible and its really confusing me about which mods are truly the best for my car.... i know i just vented out all my frustrations in this one thread...but i just want to know what i shouldn't do with my car and ill figure out the rest myself.... thanx for hearing me out... oh by the way i live in rowland hts, CA so if u know places near here that can help please let me know..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    BOV's are bad because they make you run a tad rich which can create a poor idle...it's just a noise maker that isnt needed until you swap to a bigger turbo

CAI relocate the maf in many cases making the car run lean which isnt a good idea....

MBC isnt good on anything 04 or newer cause of there OL/CL issue which when mixed with a PTFB can do great harm.

Basicaly all this is stated on this site.......read the stickies in the engine performance thread if you want greater detail. Everyone says not to use these for a reason.....just just because they want you to buy more uppipes....As for your goal research Cobb Accessport stage 2. That is all you need.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

hate to say, but hit the search button.
    u can find lots. =)
    03' C i

thanx for the info 302.... ummm i had a question though if a bov makes u run rich and an intake makes u run lean .... will they balance each other out.... thanx for making things a little bit easier to understand....