Another '06 WRX on the road.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Another '06 WRX on the road. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alohas, I got my Black '06 WRX Sedan about a week and a half ago, and I just wanted to ...

Another '06 WRX on the road.

Alohas,
    I got my Black '06 WRX Sedan about a week and a half ago, and I just wanted to say hey to everyone. Right now I'm looking at suspension for my first mod, unsure which company to go with yet, maybe the Tein Super Street setup w/swaybars(?), after that I'd like to get a "quiet" turbo-back exhaust and uppipe (quiet neighborhood), does the Borla Hush come in TBE? and is it really that much quieter than everyone else? Hopefully by then Cobb Tuning gets an AccessPORT listing for my car!!! It'b be great to hook up the Stage 2 power package from Cobb now that I think about it, so expensive though, especially if ya add on that uppipe.... I also see some stainless steel brakelines in my near future..Well thats it, thanks for all the info written in these forums, its been very helpful. heres some pics of my interior..I tried some exterior shots but nightime + black car = ninjitsu..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GoGo Seats and Wheel 2.JPG   GoGo 6cd Changer, Climate Control, and Shift Knob 2.JPG   GoGo Wheel and Cluster 2.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice interior. I didn't know they looked like that now. Welcome to the club. Pull up a seat and hang around for a while. Sounds like you've got a good mod path planned. If you can, get the EM first (sucks to wait for Cobb but it is worth it in the end). Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the Borla hush will mate up to just about every DP out there as long as it has the same springback collar as the stock system. Enjoy!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice car.

No worries about the uppipe on the '06 because it comes with a catless piece!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.....willing to give us your OTD price on that or not? I'm trying to figure out what these things are going for as I am about a month away from mine......finally.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Alohas again.
    So the recommendation is to get the AccessPORT before the suspension? or before the exhaust? Either way theres still no listing @ Cobb for my car.. Also I was reading on other posts that a cold air intake is of no real help? And finally any other ideas about good suspension companies to check? Still wanna retain the car as a comfy daily driver, and maybe autocross or race track on the weekends.. I figured the Tein SS would work because of the adjustability (and it has that neat "in cab" electronic adjuster, ooooh!).
    And my OTD was right around 28k, the price quoted me (25900) was for the "TR"not the "Sedan", the dealer didnt pick up on the 6cd and the climate control, it was listed on the sticker as a "TR", no options. Then another customer came to pick up their "TR" and peeked at the other (my) car and asked about the a/c..oops. when I came back to finalize they stuck on an "add-on options" sticker. A bit of talk and they honored the price they quoted me for the "TR". the add on sticker tacked on another 3500 bucks, so I guess I made out. ..I felt like I got a pretty good deal and the dealers were very cool, so I purchased the paint and fabric sealant, like $500.
    Thanks for all the information and the friendly comments.

I Support ClubWRX
    The tein's with their electronic adjustment are very nice. Pricey too though. Gotta pay to play though.

You can get a TBE before you get EM, but you'll get more power out of stage 1 Cobb AP map then you will from a TBE. Then, when you get a TBE you will be able to take immediate advantage of it by switching to a stage 2 map. Major difference in HP.

Sways are more of a personal matter. For me, I just look for hollow construction and adjustable on the rear. Don't forget end links though as the stress an adjustable rear sway puts on the stock endlinks will break them.

Personally, I would go for a brake upgrade before suspension (line, fluid, pads) as it is a bit cheaper and safer, but that is just me.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Very nice, post some exterior shots. Congrats and enjoy the extra .5liter and almost 20whp (so jealous)
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Right on, Thanks for all the info. So much to think about... Just got an email back from Cobb saying they're still doing research for the '06.. **sigh** Anyhoo, heres the exterior shots I took. hopefully I can make some time to shoot some pics during the day, then y'all can see the blue metallic in the black. looks RAD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GoGo front pax side A.JPG   GoGo front pax 2 A.JPG  

FYI... you actually got the "Sedan". Most dealers aren't even getting them. Most are ordering the TR or the Limited.

Enjoy the:
    fog lights
    6CD changer (140-watt system)
    auto climate control
    color matched exterior mirrors
    upgraded seats (I cant remember the actual term for them - but the TR seats suck)
    body side skirts
    momo leather wrapped steering wheel
    alum pedal covers

I'm positive that I'm missing 1 more thing. the TR version has a 1CD 80-watt stereo, manual climate control, crappy seats(adjustable headrest, but less comfortable),no sideskirts at all, ugly black mirrors,and NO foglights.

BE CAREFUL when checking out these cars... the dealer is trying to push them, and claiming there is nothing other than "TR" and "Limited". They may even show you a model code sheet, but the sedan is the first model code in the next column, so you might miss it...

Trust me when I say... you'll miss the little extras.

Yeah, I knew that I had the "Sedan", the price they quoted me was for the "TR"..I found that out the day I picked up the car and they realized they messed up. they didnt realize that they even recieved a "Sedan" in their shipment. All the records they got from Subaru say they were supposed to only have gotten "TR" models.. So I guess right place, right time, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1Cal
    Alohas again.
    So the recommendation is to get the AccessPORT before the suspension? or before the exhaust? Either way theres still no listing @ Cobb for my car.. Also I was reading on other posts that a cold air intake is of no real help?

i like this dood....he reads about them cai's and bov's

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Cobb will deliver ... and we pre '06's owners will be envious. I cannot wait to see what the AP will do for the 06.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome, and I also really like the interior!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Yeah, I'm on the market for an 06... I really dig those seats but I also want a sunroof. Sooooo... I'm not so sure I want leather... I dunno... I do like the sporty look of that interior... Can someone elaborate on the sedan vs the TR vs the limited? I know the limited has all the cool upgrades, but I've never even heard of this Sedan model or seen pics with seats like that.

Hmmmm....
    J

Nevermind... I think I just figured it out on Subarus site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast