what to do
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on what to do within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; first id just like to say that subby owners have to be the coolest group of car ppl ever ok ...

Question what to do

first id just like to say that subby owners have to be the coolest group of car ppl ever

ok so im new to this all. my friend tony got me into subies and now i cant get enough of em only i dont know jack. ima read round and learn all i can befor i buy one but i still wanna ask what yall think i should get. i want mine to stand out a bit physicaly so i was thinking red paint black rims. also....05' or 06' ive heard alot of ppl dont like 06' STI as much cus the body is weird but i dont care about the shape so much, i just want the better car. plus any first time buyer tips (i dont wanna F this baby up) so any thing constructive would be much apreciated, thnx!

and dont worrie im not gonna leave it at the paint and rims...ill upgrade like crazy once i have the $$$ but for now keep it cheap
    Last edited by pyrobob4; 10-26-2005 at 01:28 AM. Reason: missed a word

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First off welcome to the forums!

theres nothing wrong with the 06's as far as i know, some people just don't like the way they look. If your a first time buyer and maybe you just got your liscence or don't have that much driving experience, don't buy a brand new 06 or 05, if you are really set on a wrx, buy an 02 they are cheaper and there's a higher chance you would damage your car it some point if your a new driver, plus the bugeye's look better I'm biased though.

Have fun and welcome to the subby family

my reluctance to buy an older car almost put out the 02s flame but after looking at it it just makes more sense. what are some of the 02's specs? like 0-60, 1/4 mile, HP...stuff like that. And dont worrie about driving experiacne...ive only been driving for 2 years but everyone says ima great driver and i ACED my driving test so im not gonna crash...i just have to worrie about other drivers
    feeling sorry for the poor creatures i no longer question their motives for crossing a street after hitting a chicken.

my reluctance to buy an older car almost put out the 02s flame but after looking at it it just makes more sense. what are some of the 02's specs? like 0-60, 1/4 mile, HP...stuff like that. And dont worrie about driving experiacne...ive only been driving for 2 years but everyone says ima great driver and i ACED my driving test so im not gonna crash...i just have to worrie about other drivers

THNX FOR THE INPUT
    feeling sorry for the poor creatures i no longer question their motives for crossing a street after hitting a chicken.

sry for double posting...my browser was on the frits

If you can handle yourself like a good driver, go for the 06 if you really like it .

Unfortuanetly I'm lazy so if you want the specs just go Search "02 wrx specs" on the forums, you'll find anything you ever wanted to know using the search button

the specs for the 02 are great (beter than that of my moms 00 ford focus thats not cutting it) but they can be beter and i live for that kinda power. i can totaly handle myslef, exept for when im on that 3/4 mile streatch of road on my way to the beach..i might not be able to "handle" myslef then (and on the way back )

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.