HELP! Nissan Owner in Subaru World
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HELP! Nissan Owner in Subaru World within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well i have owned several Nissans over the last few years. I currently have a S13 with a RB25 . ...

HELP! Nissan Owner in Subaru World

Well i have owned several Nissans over the last few years. I currently have a S13 with a RB25 . Well a few days ago my brother and I bought an '02 WRX.

The problem is the car has NO motor and NO Tranny. The Engine harness is also not fully complete.

I was hoping you guys could give me suggestions in what route to take to get the car running. I have about 4 grand to spend on the WRX, wondering the best way to spend the money and get a good Motor & Tranny combo and get the car running. Please point me in the right direction and where to get the Motor/Tranny from, as well as the prices i should be paying.

All help is appreciated, Thank you.

B T W I am located in Orlando, FL.

~ Jazz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless you can find someone that has a ej205 and tranny they just swapped out, I think think of anything within your budget to get that thing running. It sounds like you might be better off saving and trying to get a ej207 block/tranny/harness and trying to swap that.....but you may have to save your pennies for a little bit longer.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Well lets change the budget to about 5-6 Grand.

you can usually pick up a motor/tranny on ebay from a salvage yard for about $3000 they'll usually come with a harness and ECU, but you're buying a motor pulled from a wreck...it may need other work...if course if by "no motor" you mean, no turbo, no exhaust, no radiator, no oil/water pumps, then you're looking at a bit more.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

contact www.IAPerformance.com they always have a ton of motors, or www.Gruppe-s.com as well
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

Did you do the RB25 swap or buy it that way? I know a guy up here in ND who just got his done and he's had/having quite a few problems.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

I did the RB swap. Was not too many problems, the first time i used an OEM RB SII wire harness the second time around i used a LT-12 microtech.

yeah, gruppe-S has sometimes some pretty cool motors lying around for cheap
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.