what should i do next
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on what should i do next within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what up everyone, i got a 04 wrx and i got hks up pipe, hks down pipe, 3 hsk hi ...

what should i do next

what up everyone, i got a 04 wrx and i got hks up pipe, hks down pipe, 3 hsk hi flow exhaust no cats, turbo XS bov, and CAI. 18" rota sub zero wheels, ground control coils. what should i go for next?? no tuning ethier yet. need some help just started on this car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what should you do next... hmm, i would say, get rid of the bov, get rid of the cai, get rid of the nonbellmouth hks, then get stock airbox, stock bypass, and an actual bellmouth downpipe. then go for some engine management. at that point, i would say youre in a pretty good place with your car.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kooyulator
    what should you do next... hmm, i would say, get rid of the bov, get rid of the cai, get rid of the nonbellmouth hks, then get stock airbox, stock bypass, and an actual bellmouth downpipe. then go for some engine management. at that point, i would say youre in a pretty good place with your car.

there are no cats on the car what so ever all were taken out and customized, but ive been told to get rid of the bov, and intake why thouhg?

a bov makes your car run mad crazy rich during shifts, and a cai makes your car run lean. also you can run into maf problems with the intake. get the stock airbox and buy the gpmoto removal piece.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

why take off the CAI And bov, ive been told that and i have all the stock parts, but i dont understand why, and what is bellmouth? and what type of engine/comp mods would you recomend.

BR3EZ: what does the removal peice do, and how much? should i put the whole stock intake on or just the airbox

you were just told why the cai and bov may hurt your car. also, your downpipe blocks the wastegate gases right now, you want a bellmouth (wider mouth where it attaches to the turbo to allow wastegate flow) now with a stock turbo, its not gonna hurt much but you definitely wont wanna upgrade your turbo with the hks downpipe.

then get a utec or an accessport or anything along those lines. definitely will maximize your mods. then youll finally feel some gains.

Quote Originally Posted by SLVRWRX500
    BR3EZ: what does the removal peice do, and how much? should i put the whole stock intake on or just the airbox
    http://fastwrx.com/insnre.html get all the stock parts and buy this.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

the removal piece is just some plastic piping that goes from the airbox into the fender and back out into ram air. i just got a 2.5 rs engine cap and put that where the ram air fed to. now it just pulls air from the fenderwell.

alright sounds good, thanks

Bellmouth.. different kind of downpipe attachment. Don't worry about it, all catless downpipes give you about the same power increase. But they are right about the BOV and the CAI, ditch em. If I were you, I would get some sort of engine management. TurboXS utec, or Cobb Accessport if you are cheap.

ok, my goals to have 500 hp to the wheels, and i know its possible, now assume i get all this done, what type of turbo would you recomend upgrading too?

Quote Originally Posted by BMXspears
    Bellmouth.. different kind of downpipe attachment. Don't worry about it, all catless downpipes give you about the same power increase. But they are right about the BOV and the CAI, ditch em. If I were you, I would get some sort of engine management. TurboXS utec, or Cobb Accessport if you are cheap.
    Im not cheap, but whats the best value for my money

ok, my goals to have 500 hp to the wheels, and i know its possible, now assume i get all this done, what type of turbo would you recomend upgrading too?
    you are going to need more money then bill gates to get to 500hp on a wrx.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

if i put the 2.5 head?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.