what should i do next - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on what should i do next within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; no offense, but i believe that you should take some time and do a little research. browse these forums and ...

no offense, but i believe that you should take some time and do a little research. browse these forums and see what you find. after doing this you should probably adjust your goals a little. to get 500whp you will have to basically rip apart everything. new motor/trans/everything. if you have the money and knowledge, i say do i, but for know i would research a little.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats what im on here for im trying to find out what i should do and how to approach, ive only had the car for a month. what would you say is reasonable Hp peak with and upgraded turbo eventually then if 500 isnt obtainable

350whp is a reasonable goal without having to sell your organs to achieve it. you could do it with an 18g or you could get close with a really aggressive tune on a vf22 (maybe).. so it seems you are definitely planning on upgrading your turbo. the first thing you should ditch is the hks downpipe.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Quote Originally Posted by SLVRWRX500
    thats what im on here for im trying to find out what i should do and how to approach, ive only had the car for a month. what would you say is reasonable Hp peak with and upgraded turbo eventually then if 500 isnt obtainable
    a lot of people max their wrx at 300-350 whp. you can get a little more depending on your turbo, but i would say a 300whp wrx is a great street machine. my goal is 300whp. you can get there with:
    turboback w/ up pipe
    engine management
    upgrade turbo (there a tons of turbos to choose from)
    fuel pump
    larger injectors
    and most importantly a professional dyno tune. this will either get you over 300 or damn close.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

ok, i got a hook up for an all wheel drive dyno in maine, so i got that squared. but thanks all you guys, im goin to add all you to buddys if thats chill and ill talk to u all later. and deffinitly by the summer it will be done!

kinda wild how i got my stock BOV to sound like an aftermarket...saved me a few hundred bucks..just use a perrin short ram and u are fine. i put a short ram on because i was about to upgrade the turbo and put on a FMIC so i was getting ready

short rams are much better for the WRX than the CAI if u had to have one badly
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

i need a wiring diagram for my 04 wrx, for the ignition please. or a chilton/haynes manual to buy.

I'd say to improve your suspension before you started making your car more powerful. It also depends on what you want to do with your car. 1320 drag? Autocross? Showoff? First, get rid of the GC coil-overs, they are crap, especially if you're still running on stock shocks. At a minimum, buy some nice shocks and lowering springs, or if you want/need adjustability, go for a true coil-over setup like the JIC-magics, or Tein SS. That, a rear swaybar, strut tower bars, and suspension bushings will really tighten up your suspension. Stiffer engine mounts will also help. I firmly believe the "Go Fast" mods should be last. Prep your car, make sure it can handle the increase. What good is 10,000hp if you can't control it?
    Drew :: Currently driving an '01 Eclipse RS
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Looking to buy an '04 WRX STI soon...

I Support ClubWRX
    In order of preference (and safety)
    1. Brakes, including SS lines, fluid, and pads (Ferodo 2500)
    2. Short shifter and bushings
    3. Steering rack bushings, STi engine mounts, STi transmission mount
    4. Wheels and tires. 17" x 8" or 8.5". 18" if you've got the cash to keep the weight below 18lbs per wheel.
    5. Appropriate fluids: Engine Oil, Tranny/fron diff oil, rear diff oil, radiator watter wetter.
    6. Low temp thermostat
    5. Engine Management that uses a wideband 02 sensor and includes data logging.
    6. TBE
    7. Turbo and assoicated support mods (IC, Inj., Fuel Pump)
    8. VERY GOOD TUNING!!!!!!
    9. Suspension parts: F/R adjustable sway, coilovers/w hats or non-compromising springs. Frame supports. bushings, etc.
    10 More exotic performance support mods such as Headers, Head work, cams, etc.
    11. VERY GOOD TUNING
    12 (or whenever you destroy the tranny/clutch). Race/street clutch with RA Gear set for tranny.

I'm sure I goofed here and there, but this is a decent path.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12