new member looking for some answers please

This is a discussion on new member looking for some answers please within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whats up guys. names eric. own a 05 rsx base. i have certainly become infautated with the wrx and sti ...

new member looking for some answers please

whats up guys. names eric. own a 05 rsx base. i have certainly become infautated with the wrx and sti as of late.

i have posted a few topics over at the clubrsx boards but felt that i might be able to get some more answers over here.

first off i will be in the market for a new car sometime in 2007. a ways off. but i am a early planner.

now heres the deal. i have been look at the wrx and sti. i have checked out the evo as well. i was wondering for the price, is there anything in the comprable range to the wrx/sti? i say price because over at the rsx baords people mentioned the z06 and a few others that were way to much for my budget.

now secondly, is the wrx/sti a daily driver? of the two which one and why not?

thirdly, i own a rsx as i said. hondas are great and very reliable. i have never owned a subbie but my family has never bought anything other then subbies. but that was back in the day. how we built and how reliable are the subbies?

and lastly, whoever has a sti, why did you buy one? and how expensive is it to mod? some say its highly expensive for whats it worth.

any comments or experiences would be great. again im new to the board and apologize if these questions have been asked before. i searched out some old topics but i needed a few of my own questions to be answered. hopefully you guys can be alittle more receptive to thse kind of posts then some of the folks over at clubrsx.com

peace outside

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The sti is more of a brute performer. It will toss you around a bit more, wont be as nice over bumps, and will sit you back in your seat. The wrx is an decent powered entry level sedan with medicore refinement and decent handling.

Neither of the two cars are expensive to mod at all, depending on what your goals are. The stil can very easily be a 12 second car for a few (2-4) grand.

As far as reliabilty people are just now starting to report that the 04's sti's are hitting high miles. Most of them are doing fine (menus a rear strut issue alot complain about...probaly fixed in later models). Several wrx's have gone over 100,000 with very little issues.

To end this.....2-3 years from now who knows what the wrx will be, it is way to early to plan ahead. I joined in 03 and the car has come leep and bounds since then.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"