New 06 WREX....couple of Q's about funky noises!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on New 06 WREX....couple of Q's about funky noises!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just got an 05 WRX... i hit about 110mph and i heard it, but it started at around 95 :-/ ...

just got an 05 WRX... i hit about 110mph and i heard it, but it started at around 95 :-/
    I think it is in the hood scoop, because i can see it about to tear out of my hood, kinda scares me, i can also hear it when i go through the car wash and i get to the end where all the dryers are, when the dryers shoot air at my scoop it makes the same noise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so i got it checked out by the mechanics at subie. they adjusted the hood scoop but that did nothing. i can still hear it. it really is the seal between the glass the weatherstripping. there's nothing more i can do.. i'll just suck it up and maybe bring it up again whenever i go back for something.

oh, i didn't show them the video... i decided against it since i was over the speed limit pretty good. i just described the sound and they seemed to know what i was talking about.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

[QUOTE=Sponge] Noise #1 - Basically, since this afternoon, my engine has gotten considerably LOUDER. There has always been a FAINT ticking noise, but driving home tonight it has increased about 2x more. It seems to be the loudest between 2k and 4k RPM. And it's sporadic! I'm 100% positive that it wasn't making these noises yesterday! It sounds like an old VW beetle! --I've hit 5-6k RPM a few times, and I'm worried that I overrevved the motor so early....I definitely don't want to tear it up on accident!

[QUOTE]

I want my engine to get louder....

Gas ? ?

Are you using cheap gas? Could it be knocking or pinging? (I'm probably being too much of an optimist, eh?)

I get a hum/whine at exactly 60mph. Gear whine I guess

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234