New 06 WREX....couple of Q's about funky noises!!! - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on New 06 WREX....couple of Q's about funky noises!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just got an 05 WRX... i hit about 110mph and i heard it, but it started at around 95 :-/ ...

just got an 05 WRX... i hit about 110mph and i heard it, but it started at around 95 :-/
    I think it is in the hood scoop, because i can see it about to tear out of my hood, kinda scares me, i can also hear it when i go through the car wash and i get to the end where all the dryers are, when the dryers shoot air at my scoop it makes the same noise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so i got it checked out by the mechanics at subie. they adjusted the hood scoop but that did nothing. i can still hear it. it really is the seal between the glass the weatherstripping. there's nothing more i can do.. i'll just suck it up and maybe bring it up again whenever i go back for something.

oh, i didn't show them the video... i decided against it since i was over the speed limit pretty good. i just described the sound and they seemed to know what i was talking about.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

[QUOTE=Sponge] Noise #1 - Basically, since this afternoon, my engine has gotten considerably LOUDER. There has always been a FAINT ticking noise, but driving home tonight it has increased about 2x more. It seems to be the loudest between 2k and 4k RPM. And it's sporadic! I'm 100% positive that it wasn't making these noises yesterday! It sounds like an old VW beetle! --I've hit 5-6k RPM a few times, and I'm worried that I overrevved the motor so early....I definitely don't want to tear it up on accident!

[QUOTE]

I want my engine to get louder....

Gas ? ?

Are you using cheap gas? Could it be knocking or pinging? (I'm probably being too much of an optimist, eh?)

I get a hum/whine at exactly 60mph. Gear whine I guess

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.