Yay, I bought a WRX, Yay!!!

This is a discussion on Yay, I bought a WRX, Yay!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought an '03 Wrx today, and I am soooooooo stoked! I went to work today just like any other ...

Yay, I bought a WRX, Yay!!!

Just bought an '03 Wrx today, and I am soooooooo stoked!

I went to work today just like any other day, and when I went into the back lot of the dealership I saw a glint of perfectly blue paint. Wait a tic, I told myself, that doesnt look like it should be here (since I work at a VW dealer). I go over for a closer look and there sits a beautiful 03 WRX with some writing on the windsheild in grease marker labeling it as a used car ready for inspection/recon/resale. I ask the sales manager about the car and he lets me take a good look at the car once I tell him I am interested. Only a little fender damage which the dealer is gonna get a body shop to fix and a bad battery for faults on the car, yay!! It already had some wheels on it from the previous owner, 18" O.Z. Superlegera's. And, it was sitting a little lower than stock, I think it has some eibach springs on it. After looking it over for a bit I went for a test drive and then I was hooked. after that it was off to finance to finish the deal, and now I am the proud owner of a shiny blue '03 WRX, WOOHOO!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats! I am sure you will be very happy with it... Once I drove a rex, I knew I was hooked

congrats && welcome

Just got back from doing some touge and i have a little frowny face going on now The stupid clutch slips under boost in 3rd thru 5th gear, sonfa!!!! I knew the clutch felt a little weak when I did the used vehicle inspection at work ,but I didn't know it was that bad. So I guess my first mod is gonna be a clutch So I guess my next post is gonna be in the tech section since I am looking for some tips and tricks on R&R'ing the trans.

aww man that sucks. Is this something you're going to tackle on your own? If not is there any chance of getting the dealership you work at to help you out with the clutch price/labor?

congrats on the new car and the slipping clutch.

Yeah I am gonna do the clutch myself. Unfortunatly I dont think the dealer is gonna help my out on any of it cause of the deal for the car. In the deal I am responible for all mechanical failures and they fix the body work and radio (missing faceplate). Since I was planning on putting in a good clutch soon anyway I guess now is better than later.

well if you're going to replace it with oem I would suggest contacting some of the OEM parts distributors on nasioc. They'll hook you up with a better price than any local parts guy.

Nope I am not gonna go OEM. Was thinking either spec clutch stage 2 or ACT HD/SS.
    Last edited by racer555; 10-16-2005 at 02:24 PM.