Joined the club
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Joined the club within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Greetings everyone. I just bought my first Subaru last week, a 2006 WRX Wagon. I needed a car that could ...

Joined the club

Greetings everyone. I just bought my first Subaru last week, a 2006 WRX Wagon. I needed a car that could move more stuff than my Tiburon GT and handled bad weather better, and didn't want to give up performance. One drive of my WRX through some torrential downpours was all it took to convince me that this was THE car for me!

I love this car, I have almost 500 miles on it in 7 days. I'm being gentle, as per the recomendations during break in, but its so much fun to drive. I haven't enjoyed being behind the wheel of a street car this much since I bought my old BMW Z3 back in '99, and that was roadster! I never thought I'd feel this way about a car that would also haul my bass gear at the same time!

I found this site while doing research into mods, I'm planning on doing some rallyx and trackdays next year. First mods on the plate are some serious bad weather tires. I live in MD so snow isn't a huge problem but we get a lot of sleet and ice in the winter. I'd like to find a tire that could work for that as well as rallyx competition, is there such a tire? Also do I need to switch from the 17" wheels that are stock on the 06 WRX?

Thanks for your help, looking forward to a long fun time as a member of the Subie family.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, Hey I see your in MD, We are having a meet tonight in White Marsh @ 7:30
    here is the link:
    Subaru Meet For Maryland

hey welcome! 06 are hot!
    04 STi Blue
    2005 - 279WHP 306WTQ 13.1@105
    2006 - FPGreen
    LISC# 17 LongIslandSubaruClub.com

welcome to the club...as far as winter tires, bilzzaks are one of the best tires out but as far as offroad use i am not sure...my friend had them on his S4 and they worked really well on the street...i would recommend keeping your stock wheels as your winter tires and then investing in a nice set of autox wheels and tires that way you can swap them out when need be
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

welcome

Welcome, I love wagons. I can't wait till they are available in STi trim in the US.
    There is no such thing as, "too much Horse Power"!

2005 STi CGM
    Cobb Stage 1
    K&N Typhoon Intake

Welcome to the club. Sell the Z3 and mod the hell out of the WRX.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WRC_Obsessed
    Welcome to the club. Sell the Z3 and mod the hell out of the WRX.
    The Z3's been gone for years. I've been through an Mr2 a Jeep and a Tiburon since then.

The WRX tops them all. Last car I'm going to get for a long time. Next vehicle purchase is going to be a bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan
    Just like the lottery is for people who are bad at math... street racing is for people who are bad at life.

Peachypumpkincheeks

How the hell did you go from a BMW to a Hyundai????? The BMW's are still around 20-30grand used and a brand new Tiburon tops out around $13,000!?!?!?!?!

I'm just dumbfounded!! And the tiburon's aren't that bad...sporty and have a nice look, but they're still a hyundai!!!

But welcome to the club!!!!!!!!!! No regrets with a WRX!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

97 Z3 2.8 used in 2000 = ~$23k.
    03 Tiburon GT new in 2003 loaded = ~$20k.
    06 WRX Wagon new in 2006 = ~$24k

FWIW a used Z3 now can be had easily for under $20k unless it is a pristine condition 2003. I've seen several 96-98 Z3s under $10k.
    Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan
    Just like the lottery is for people who are bad at math... street racing is for people who are bad at life.

Wagons rule, good purchase!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.