Just bought an '06 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just bought an '06 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You have a cop for a neighbor?...

You have a cop for a neighbor?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes i noticed the police neighbor also..... careful he might pull u over for street racing into the garage

Talking welcome

Hey man i have a 2006 STi, i know what ya mean about the new grill and hood! i was kinda dissapointed when i saw a smallerr hood scoop and that pointy grille, but then after aabout a week i got used to it! I was able to get my STi at 32,900.00 out the door tax tag and title! The sticker price was 37,900.00. Anywayz, i know that alot of people are against new BOVS! but i jsut ordered my HKS SSQV BOV It sounds incredible! But yuor first mod needs to be a Trubo back exhasut! With just that alone you will notice a diffrence in boost! Then a K&N high flow drop in filter! Then I would go with a boost controller Greddy profec-b spec II. I just installed all of those mods to my car! i am currently running my STi at 17.5 pounds in race mode! But the WRX's are tuned down, becaue i got mine at 14.5psi stock, so i think ur running around 12, so once you install that boost controlelr man you will notcie a big difference! Then well, ill let you know when i get there! lol! but the WRX is gonna need some suspension mods! I would upgrade the rear sway bar Hotchkis is about 250 but great quality and realabilty~! Also See if you can get the STi Front and rear strut towere braces! incredible diff on the WRX! I purchased the STi, my freind chris has a 06WRX so the first thing he did was the braces, incredible diff.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    congrats! i have to say... white looks amazing on it too and you have an srt-4? how does it feel compared to our 06? there was guy in an srt-4 that wanted to race me the other day, but i didn't... my girlfriend was with me and was already getting nervous with me driving "spiritedly" heheh
    That is my wife's car. The SRT-4 is a monster. You would be amazed at how much it pulls. I think it is pushing about 265-270hp and it is all going to the front wheels. From what I can tell so far, the WRX looses a lot of its power in the tranny. Of course, what it looses in power it makes up in traction. She would still smoke me.

Quote Originally Posted by ly_br25
    Nice WRX! that a SRT-4 on the driveway?
    yup. wife's car.

Quote Originally Posted by i vietec
    You have a cop for a neighbor?
    yes. I have only talked to him a few times and we usually just talk about current events. He seems pretty cool though. It kinda makes me feel a little safer having a cop car parked up front all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2006 Sti. 13.1
    Hey man i have a 2006 STi, i know what ya mean about the new grill and hood! i was kinda dissapointed when i saw a smallerr hood scoop and that pointy grille, but then after aabout a week i got used to it! I was able to get my STi at 32,900.00 out the door tax tag and title! The sticker price was 37,900.00. Anywayz, i know that alot of people are against new BOVS! but i jsut ordered my HKS SSQV BOV It sounds incredible! But yuor first mod needs to be a Trubo back exhasut! With just that alone you will notice a diffrence in boost! Then a K&N high flow drop in filter! Then I would go with a boost controller Greddy profec-b spec II. I just installed all of those mods to my car! i am currently running my STi at 17.5 pounds in race mode! But the WRX's are tuned down, becaue i got mine at 14.5psi stock, so i think ur running around 12, so once you install that boost controlelr man you will notcie a big difference! Then well, ill let you know when i get there! lol! but the WRX is gonna need some suspension mods! I would upgrade the rear sway bar Hotchkis is about 250 but great quality and realabilty~! Also See if you can get the STi Front and rear strut towere braces! incredible diff on the WRX! I purchased the STi, my freind chris has a 06WRX so the first thing he did was the braces, incredible diff.
    thanks for the tips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12