Just bought an '06 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just bought an '06 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You have a cop for a neighbor?...

You have a cop for a neighbor?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes i noticed the police neighbor also..... careful he might pull u over for street racing into the garage

Talking welcome

Hey man i have a 2006 STi, i know what ya mean about the new grill and hood! i was kinda dissapointed when i saw a smallerr hood scoop and that pointy grille, but then after aabout a week i got used to it! I was able to get my STi at 32,900.00 out the door tax tag and title! The sticker price was 37,900.00. Anywayz, i know that alot of people are against new BOVS! but i jsut ordered my HKS SSQV BOV It sounds incredible! But yuor first mod needs to be a Trubo back exhasut! With just that alone you will notice a diffrence in boost! Then a K&N high flow drop in filter! Then I would go with a boost controller Greddy profec-b spec II. I just installed all of those mods to my car! i am currently running my STi at 17.5 pounds in race mode! But the WRX's are tuned down, becaue i got mine at 14.5psi stock, so i think ur running around 12, so once you install that boost controlelr man you will notcie a big difference! Then well, ill let you know when i get there! lol! but the WRX is gonna need some suspension mods! I would upgrade the rear sway bar Hotchkis is about 250 but great quality and realabilty~! Also See if you can get the STi Front and rear strut towere braces! incredible diff on the WRX! I purchased the STi, my freind chris has a 06WRX so the first thing he did was the braces, incredible diff.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    congrats! i have to say... white looks amazing on it too and you have an srt-4? how does it feel compared to our 06? there was guy in an srt-4 that wanted to race me the other day, but i didn't... my girlfriend was with me and was already getting nervous with me driving "spiritedly" heheh
    That is my wife's car. The SRT-4 is a monster. You would be amazed at how much it pulls. I think it is pushing about 265-270hp and it is all going to the front wheels. From what I can tell so far, the WRX looses a lot of its power in the tranny. Of course, what it looses in power it makes up in traction. She would still smoke me.

Quote Originally Posted by ly_br25
    Nice WRX! that a SRT-4 on the driveway?
    yup. wife's car.

Quote Originally Posted by i vietec
    You have a cop for a neighbor?
    yes. I have only talked to him a few times and we usually just talk about current events. He seems pretty cool though. It kinda makes me feel a little safer having a cop car parked up front all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2006 Sti. 13.1
    Hey man i have a 2006 STi, i know what ya mean about the new grill and hood! i was kinda dissapointed when i saw a smallerr hood scoop and that pointy grille, but then after aabout a week i got used to it! I was able to get my STi at 32,900.00 out the door tax tag and title! The sticker price was 37,900.00. Anywayz, i know that alot of people are against new BOVS! but i jsut ordered my HKS SSQV BOV It sounds incredible! But yuor first mod needs to be a Trubo back exhasut! With just that alone you will notice a diffrence in boost! Then a K&N high flow drop in filter! Then I would go with a boost controller Greddy profec-b spec II. I just installed all of those mods to my car! i am currently running my STi at 17.5 pounds in race mode! But the WRX's are tuned down, becaue i got mine at 14.5psi stock, so i think ur running around 12, so once you install that boost controlelr man you will notcie a big difference! Then well, ill let you know when i get there! lol! but the WRX is gonna need some suspension mods! I would upgrade the rear sway bar Hotchkis is about 250 but great quality and realabilty~! Also See if you can get the STi Front and rear strut towere braces! incredible diff on the WRX! I purchased the STi, my freind chris has a 06WRX so the first thing he did was the braces, incredible diff.
    thanks for the tips.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.