New Guy in Silverdale, WA
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Guy in Silverdale, WA within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, just wanted to introduce myself. Might be coming over from Club3G.com. I'm driving a 2001 Eclipse RS right now, ...

New Guy in Silverdale, WA

Hey, just wanted to introduce myself. Might be coming over from Club3G.com. I'm driving a 2001 Eclipse RS right now, but I have my eyes on a 2004 WRX STI. As a Mitsu guy, do you guys have any "words of wisdom" or insight to switching for me? This site looks pretty good. Thanks.
    Drew :: Currently driving an '01 Eclipse RS
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Looking to buy an '04 WRX STI soon...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You will love the STI!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I hope I like the STI, it's all I've been thinking about all this week. Here's a few pics of my car:

and if anyone cares, a burnout I did one night after I got my suspension (sorry, phone camera quality):

I'll be checking the car out tomorrow, test drive, etc... Hopefully I can go ahead and haggle over the price, the value of my trade-in, and request a purchase order to take to my bank and have this thing by the middle of next week.

welcome to the club
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club. Here's hoping you get your STi soon. Night and day difference between that and your Mitsu.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Ian
    Welcome! Your car looks nice but the STI will be alot better, good luck

Well, I looked at the '04 STi today, it's been used and abused, couldn't even test drive it because the clutch was F'd up and the dealership needs to fix it, so I ended up test driving another one. I must say, in stock form, I was not that impressed with the handling. Power, yes, definately. But the handling did not seem as good as my eclipse. I think it may be due to a higher center of gravity, but I don't know for sure, really. This scooby just felt kind of lumbering around the curves, like a big ogre. I still want one bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by deepfreeze007
    Well, I looked at the '04 STi today, it's been used and abused, couldn't even test drive it because the clutch was F'd up and the dealership needs to fix it, so I ended up test driving another one. I must say, in stock form, I was not that impressed with the handling. Power, yes, definately. But the handling did not seem as good as my eclipse. I think it may be due to a higher center of gravity, but I don't know for sure, really. This scooby just felt kind of lumbering around the curves, like a big ogre. I still want one bad though.

trust me, the STi will out handle your eclipse like no other, unless you have some major suspension mods, and even then, i dunno.

Good luck with your purchase!

Steve

Welcome to the club.

EDIT BY WRC_OBSESSED
    Last edited by WRC_Obsessed; 10-21-2005 at 09:18 AM.

welcome to clubwrx

Quote Originally Posted by deepfreeze007
    it's just a different type of car to drive. trust me, the STI will outhandle your eclipse. After all, it's a turbocharged AWD car bred for full on rally racing VS your heavy NA and underpowered FWD tank.

Believe me, I totally agree that the STI should spank my eclipse, but going around a few turns, I felt like I had to get off the throttle a little. Maybe it's the difference between what I'm used to (FWD, pull through a turn) and the AWD, or the fact that I don't know my way around Seattle that well, so the sooby dealer went with me (i.e. I was afraid to "get on" it with him sitting next to me). Either way, I'm still drooling over getting one, and I know that what ever it is that I "feel" like I'm losing suspension-wise can be made up with a few nice AF parts.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sure others will find it hard to believe, but that model eclipse with a few suspension mods is acutally a darned good handling car. On a short autox course, it has very good potential.
    I'm also sure though that once you get an STi and figure out it's cornering characteristics, you won't believe the speed at which it is capable of cornering. At high speed turns with a good driver, you'll bang heads against the window...guaranteed.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.