newbie!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

This is a discussion on newbie!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hello, i just joined this site because im interested in gettin a 04 WRX STi... I am 19 years old ...

  1. #1
    env
    env is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    So Cali
    Posts
    10

    newbie!!!

    hello, i just joined this site because im interested in gettin a 04 WRX STi...
    I am 19 years old and currently i drive an 03 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Welcome.

    Not really my business, but i dont know how a 19y/o can afford the STi's insurance.

    Id say get a WRX and mod it. That's what i did. Plus going from a 16 sec Tiburon to a high 12 sec STi is a bit of a learning curve to get over in a short amount of time.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  4. #3
    env
    env is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    So Cali
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Welcome.

    Not really my business, but i dont know how a 19y/o can afford the STi's insurance.

    Id say get a WRX and mod it. That's what i did. Plus going from a 16 sec Tiburon to a high 12 sec STi is a bit of a learning curve to get over in a short amount of time.
    well, i believe the insurance would be close to what my tib's is now...im not saying my tib is fast, but its faster than a stock tib

  5. #4
    Registered User Houstonwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Posts
    698
    Hate to burst your bubble, but you said in another post that you pay 800$ for six months of insurance, well you might have to double that for the STi. I was paying, until I turned 25 a couple months ago, 190$ per month for a wrx and I dont have a bad record at all, clean as far as I know. I have heard people pay as much as 300$ a month for the insurance on an STi, plus you are 19, which will only work against you. The Tiburon, while not too slow, is no STi and the insurance companies know it. I am just trying to help you out, you might want to call around, that is the only way to know.

  6. #5
    env
    env is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    So Cali
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Houstonwrx
    Hate to burst your bubble, but you said in another post that you pay 800$ for six months of insurance, well you might have to double that for the STi. I was paying, until I turned 25 a couple months ago, 190$ per month for a wrx and I dont have a bad record at all, clean as far as I know. I have heard people pay as much as 300$ a month for the insurance on an STi, plus you are 19, which will only work against you. The Tiburon, while not too slow, is no STi and the insurance companies know it. I am just trying to help you out, you might want to call around, that is the only way to know.
    right now im paying 890/6months, insurance for STi will be 983/6months

  7. #6
    Registered User Skreekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by env
    right now im paying 890/6months, insurance for STi will be 983/6months
    I am not calling you a liar, but I seriously doubt that you can get full coverage for an STi for under 1000/six months. There is a huge difference between a Tiburon and an STi. Considering that I can get a new Corvette and pay less than I would for an STi, that should tell you something. They may have quoted you that price, but I would shop around a bit. Odds are that once its time to sign on the dotted line for coverage, that number will change.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

  8. #7
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by env
    right now im paying 890/6months, insurance for STi will be 983/6months
    Are you sure they quoted you for a STi? And not a WRX. If not then thats decent. Then again i pay $850/year for my WRX.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  9. #8
    Registered User 04EsTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by env
    hello, i just joined this site because im interested in gettin a 04 WRX STi...
    I am 19 years old and currently i drive an 03 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6.
    welcome... as long as you have nice parents you can get a STi lol... I got my STi when I was 16 because my older brother was getting a Evo... He is 19 and he got a brand new 05 Evo and its not really that bad... He can pay his payments but insurance is a *****
    2004 Subaru WRX STi, Debadged
    FPgreen

  10. #9
    env
    env is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    So Cali
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Are you sure they quoted you for a STi? And not a WRX. If not then thats decent. Then again i pay $850/year for my WRX.
    yes my mom check it, Subaru Impreza WRX STi. (thats what 21st Century names teh car)

  11. #10

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin
    Odds are that once its time to sign on the dotted line for coverage, that number will change.
    +1 Happened to me 3 times when shopping for quotes!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  12. #11

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Then again i pay $850/year for my WRX.
    Woah!!!!!!!!! Who do you have??? USAA????
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  13. #12

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by env
    yes my mom check it, Subaru Impreza WRX STi. (thats what 21st Century names teh car)
    Oh well, if you're going under your family's insurance then yeah, it'll be cheaper. The rates are lower with the more autos on one policy.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    1,617
    Welcome! I hope you get the STI, and be careful. That is waay more car than your last one.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

  15. #14
    Registered User WRC_Obsessed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Boston/NNJ
    Posts
    9,026
    Let's keep this a welcome thread and not turn it into a discussion of what he can or can't afford. Thanks.

    Welcome.
    -Brian

    Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

  16. #15
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Woah!!!!!!!!! Who do you have??? USAA????
    State Farm in New Hampshire under my parents policy. But i pay for the car 100%.

    New Hampshire + no sales tax + cheap insurance + boating + skiing = Best state ever!
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •