2.5RS vs WRX (not STI)

This is a discussion on 2.5RS vs WRX (not STI) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been doing some homework, but I find it's often best to ask the experienced. I'm looking for a reliable ...

Question 2.5RS vs WRX (not STI)

I've been doing some homework, but I find it's often best to ask the experienced.

I'm looking for a reliable AWD with performance. Between the later 2.5RS's and the early ('02ish) WRX, which would be the best bang for the buck? I plan on leaving them stock for awhile (which is about a week in my world, the one with no self restraint), but will eventually begin with modest mods.

I've found some heavily modded RS's for about 10k, and the cheapest WRX I've stumbled upon was about 14k. Not exactly close, but in the long run, making payments...I wouldn't notice too much. I know the newer car will be just that, newer, so it should be in better shape, but it hasn't been "broken in" the way the RS probably is (or broken, for that matter)

I know the WRX has more Hp from the get go, but which is more "buildable" in the long run without swapping engines?

I'm sure if I did a search, I might come up with some answers, but I'm asking you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you'll end up spending much more then the difference on a 2.5rs to make it as fast as a wrx, i know they have turbo kits for 2.5rs but you just cant boost much on that engine. Only thing you can do is a swap to get it to be as quick but no point in that. You'll spend as much and it wont be as reliable and it wont have warranty.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

That's what I was hoping to hear. I probably won't be able to afford the new car until middle of next year, and perhaps with the the new 2006 models coming out, that'll lower the cost of the early WRX's, hopefully.

Oh, and I'm jealous, you have exactly what I want, an Aspen White STI.

Hands down the WRX over the RS.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.