Honda to Subie~ Loving it~ please help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Honda to Subie~ Loving it~ please help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hello all, I'm new to this forum. I've recently purchase my new BABY~ 2004 WRX. (BLK). Less than 42k. (Unfortunatelly ...

Honda to Subie~ Loving it~ please help

hello all,

I'm new to this forum. I've recently purchase my new BABY~ 2004 WRX. (BLK). Less than 42k. (Unfortunatelly used )

The reason I came to you guys is obviously, your knowledge, kindness and respect.

Unlike Hondas and Accuras this car seems to be far more complicated. (Turbo/uppipe/dp/bc/em etc....)
    I'm completely new to turbocharged cars, so here I am searching and reading posts regarding my beautiful new ride.

From what I've read so far, i believe i should upgrade my up/dp/ and a good EM.

I need you guys to help me on these one please~ If you read this far, please be a little more patient and read the rest ?

If I were to upgrade these parts:
    What brands should i buy? (Manufacturers)
    How much are they running about?
    What are the parts that people usually upgrade first?

Is it ok to upgrade my intake to CAI?

If i were to spend about 5k
    what would you recommend me to do?
    also If i were to upgrade my turbo, would you consider using a BOV?

Just love that sound~~

Thank you so much for replying, and I hope I can become a part of this family (Community Forums)

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I apoligize for posting these questions. I've read the stickies.

I guess i just wanted to write so much in a short post.

After reading the stickies again, i surely understand what to upgrade. The only question now is what brands should i go for?
    I would like to purchase good parts and parts that would not give me so much problem.

Once again I apoligize for this mistake.

Thanks once again....

Just get UP/DP & EM. Then spend money on suspension.

Forget CAI's and BOV's.

UP & DP's are just pipes, so most are the same. I would steer clear of EBay, but some people are happy.

I would recommend Cobb AP for your EM (at least initally).

BlkWRXWag, thanks for you quick reply.

This car is driving me insane..... Just gotta love it. I can't even imagine what a STI would be like.

well going back to the subject I will look deeper onto the Cobb AP for the EM. As far as the UP/DP, i've seen many using Helix. With all due respect, what brand would you recommend me?

Thank you
    Dan

HMM as far as suspension, the previous owner spent some money on Tein Coil Overs, and a 17" (not sure what brand) running on 225 45r 17's. (toyo tires).

I looked around on the stickies and found a set up for stage 3. I think that's where i wanna be about.

I had TurboXS parts on my car and was very happy with them.

In general the exhaust companies are pretty close to each other. If you look through the vendor sites you should be ok. As mentioned above as long as you stay away from ebay you are ok.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Thank you very much for your replies WRC. I'll look into it~!!

I'm here and there on the forums trying to find problems/goodies/knowledge and etc..

once again thank you.

Dan.

42k on a 2004? geez, where are all these people driving? I bought my 03 with 51k on it and I thought that was alot.

LOL yes toooo many miles....

Although it had 41k the car was very clean, no dents, no damage, no smoker, and had all the records for the maintenance. gotta love this ride~

TurboXS makes great up and dp, and they are nice and big for little turbo lag!! I really like ECUTek as my EM.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.