new to thread.. thinkin about buying a '05 wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new to thread.. thinkin about buying a '05 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; found a '05 wrx with 15k miles for ,000. good deal? im debating whether or not i should get an ...

new to boards.. thinkin about buying a '05 wrx

found a '05 wrx with 15k miles for $20,000. good deal?

im debating whether or not i should get an acura rsx type s or the wrx...

but right now, im leanin towards the wrx!!

how do you guys like the wrx? pros.. cons?
    Last edited by DEMENTED; 10-21-2005 at 07:25 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats really not that great of a deal, you could prob pick up a left over brand new 05 for about the same price. Look around, and call a few dealerships.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMENTED
    found a '05 wrx with 15k miles for $20,000. good deal?

im debating whether or not i should get an acura rsx type s or the wrx...

but right now, im leanin towards the wrx!!

how do you guys like the wrx? pros.. cons?
    Like has been said, get a new '05 for that.

As far as RSX vs. WRX, they're two really different cars. The RSX is much more refined, but has less performance than the WRX. Also, as you know, the RSX is FWD and the WRX AWD. It's really personal preference on the two drivetrains, but I live in Ohio with HORRIBLE winters and can't wait to run some Dunlop M3s with my baby, Gloria.

The RSX is a high revving engine (red-line I believe is just south of 9K) and uses VTEC vs. the WRX's turbo. The two will be very different cars to drive. The WRX will hit boost (for the '05) around 3K and ride that to 5.5K or so. The RSX will start making real power at 6K and then continue up to redline. Also, FWIH, the RSX has a very nice transmission.

Safety is another issue. I don't know much about safety on the Acura, but the Subaru (at least for the front passengers) is a VERY safe vehicle. This played a big role in my choice, since while I don't go out every day planning on a crash, it's nice to know that if something happens, Gloria will be there to take one for the team. I also enjoy reassuring my passenger (usually only 1) that they're riding in one of the safest sedans on the market. People usually gawk when I tell them this "tiny" car weighs 3000 pounds.

The RSX is a refined interior and drivetrain FWD car that makes some decent power when you need it. It is more for someone who wants a really good daily driver that is somewhat fun to drive.

The WRX is less refined, AWD, and more for someone who purely enjoys performance and is willing to let other things slide to get it. The car, from my experience, takes some serious thinking to drive. It's not rocket science, but do expect to shift frequently (hills, etc.) and know how to get rolling without bogging. It's fun to drive, and a very involving experience that I enjoy, but it's not for everyone.

If you enjoy driving for driving's sake, get the WRX.
    Last edited by TacticalNuke; 10-08-2005 at 08:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

i was also looking at used ones but the resale on these cars is so high, there was actually a waiting list at the dealer i bought my new one from to get a used one. i got my 05 for around 21,2 and it has every option besides the armrest extension on it.... i dont know where you live but at lynwood motors in lynwood IL. they have a 03 mbp w/ 17k miles on it for $17k, manual tranny, and comes with a set of pirelli winter tires and a pair of mich pilot summer tires....

thanks for the info, tacticalnuke

i do like the features of the rsx, but i like the performance of boost and awd on the wrx.

i just cant figure out which i want more. lol

I would recommend test driving both cars. Who knows you may like the RSX more, or the other way around. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    I would recommend test driving both cars. Who knows you may like the RSX more, or the other way around. Good luck
    i like em both... but im a turbo junkie, so it wasnt hard to choose. hehe

it would be sweeter to add a BOV to the WRX but from what ive read, i shouldnt do it. it just doesnt seem right without a PSHHHH sound between shifts!

So i take it you got the rex? post up some pics

Are we talking about the regular RSX, or the Type-S? I wouldn't touch the RSX with a ten foot pole, but the Type-S is delish. I'm just starting to learn a bit about the Imprezzas myself as I'm looking into getting one, and the RSX-S was one of my choices too. I'd say that a RSX-S and WRX, stock for stock, are about on an even playing field. But it's kind of an unfare comparison. I compared the RSX-S against the STi. WRX>RSX, WRX STi>RSX-S. See what I'm saying here? RSX (K20A3/165hp), RSX-S (K20A2/210hp), WRX (EJ20T/225hp), and WRX STi (EJ25T/300hp)
    Drew :: Currently driving an '01 Eclipse RS
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Looking to buy an '04 WRX STI soon...

i wouldnt get a base RSX... type S of course! lol

for awhile i was doing comparisons... but now i decided to go with a WRX.

ill post pics soon!

drive them both...i did.

my friend has an rsx type s and it's a really nice car. it really opens up on the freeway too which i didn't really expect. The leather seats in it are very nice as is the entire interior.

the WRX isn't quite as nice as far as interior goes, but i'm looking to purchase one for performance, not for leather and other things of that nature.

IMO, you can't go wrong with either car...but i'm choosing the WRX for performance and also simply because it'll be the first car i've owned that has usable seating for 4 passengers...lol. This is of course coming from a guy who currently drives a CRX with two seats.

you guys don't understand Cali. Cars are a lot more money in Cali. that is a good deal.

+1 True
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

got me a 05 black WRX!!! stock pics to follow..

Congrats!!!
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast