New member - Black 2005 Impreza WRX Wagon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member - Black 2005 Impreza WRX Wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My years long dream has finally materialized. I have had this car on my mind for so long as I ...

New member - Black 2005 Impreza WRX Wagon

My years long dream has finally materialized. I have had this car on my mind for so long as I can remember. Due to all kinds of circumstances I was not able to buy and/or afford the car before. But now the time has come and I couldn't be a happier camper about it.

I picked it up last Friday from Evanston Subaru in Evanston, IL. Got a pretty good deal (I think) at about 21,000 with optional sub, cargo net, and security system. They also did a pretty good detailing job on it before I got it.

After the weekend and some 150 miles later I look for even more chances of just driving it. This car is like a fine bottle of wine for a wine connoisseur. It's like a Mozart symphony for a audiophile. The feeling of driving it is more exciting then a date with a hot model. This car is sick!

I still can't get over the low rumbling sound of it engine, the high pitched singing of the turbo, and the wicked scream when accelarating. When I'm not driving I miss it.

The external appearance of the car is perfect. Well balanced, eye candy, and aggressive. I love it.

Sorry for the mumbling but I had to get it out.

Besides that, I also wanted to say HI to everyone. I've been loorking at this forum for a while and I was nicely surprised to learn that you guys are a nice bunch of WRX enthusiasts.

Some pictures:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SUP! Cool car!

Nothing better than a black wagon. Congrats and welcome to the club.
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Evo IX: 475whp

Both DYNOFLASH

congrats man...i feel the same exact way.. i got my mbp sedan about 2 weeks ago and racked up 1100 miles already.... someone says they need to go somewhere and i offer to take em... make up excuses of places i need to drive too.

Welcome, nice car!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, and congrats on your purchase! What a great feeling eh?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello there.. welcome ! Nice wagon
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Nice car, fellow 05er... very shiny and new.

Is it broken in yet?

Congrats!! You seem to be enjoying it.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

nice ride, welcome to the club.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I knew WRX had a community but I didn't expect it to be as solid as it really is. I come from a New Beetle world. NB'ers too have a strong social ring but it's getting weaker as more regular folks go and buy NBs not for the kind of car it is but for the fual economy etc. So, they don't recognize the bonds between NB drivers anymore. They become zombie drivers, you wave at them and they flip you off or give you a dirty look. In case of WRX, it's different. People buy this specific car for one major reason - enjoyment of performace. And that reason alone is enough to know that the guy in the WRX next to you means business! And that unites. I got my first such moment when I pulled up next to almost exactly the same wagon as mine (he had an exhaust and dark tints done, sounded nice too!). We rolled next to each other for a while, checked out the cars, waved and parted. You could sense the "i'm_not_a_regular_box_car_driver" atmosphere. Cool!

Anyway, I'm getting carried away

WRC_Obsessed:
    I am! I already caught myself starring at it for a long time after I'm done driving. I just stand there and drool. Already counting the hours till I get up and "have to" drive to work. Crap, now I WANT to drive to work Just too bad the fun is over in 20 min and then 12 hours of pain awaits! Heh...

Gooner:
    No it is not broken in yet. I got only 200 miles on it and still the first tank of gas that came with the car from the dealer. I'm actually pretty surprised at its economy. I've read WRXs have a pretty good appetite for gas considering their small size. But comparing it to the 115hp 2.slow VW New Beetle powerplant, which was getting ~25 mpg mixed driving it's not so bad after all. So, for now I'm trying to "unlead" my foot and keep the engine below 5K but I also keep in mind that it still needs some fun once in a while to let the piston rings settle in correctly

Also, I've already been exposed to the WRX syndrom that other drivers show. Some fool in his Intrepid span his wheels once I passed him while he was waiting to get onto the street I was on. It was a residential 25MPH street I was doing a comfy 25-27 passed him he nails it and sits on my ass. That's pissed me off since I had to turn into the drive way about 100 yards from the stop sign and this poser is going after me like on a race track.
    But other then some random idiot this car gets respect.

Black 05 wagons suck....

Just messing with you. Sweet car.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

guess you'll have to make one of the meets.

mmmm fresh meat.

Hey, i almost got that exact car...... My dad is the financing guy at evanston subaru.

Congrats to another black owner except mine is the sedan.
    Hope they treated you well there.

Quote Originally Posted by WagonGuy

and keep the engine below 5K but I also keep in mind that it still needs some fun once in a while to let the piston rings settle in correctly

Usually 4,000rpm is the accepted maximum for break in, as stated in the user manual. However, I doubt taking it past that every now and then would be a huge problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast