Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, i'm Joe, i'm new to the clubwrx forum but in a forum for my ford ranger. I'm thinking of ...

Hey, i'm Joe, i'm new to the clubwrx forum but in a forum for my ford ranger. I'm thinking of gettng rid of my 01 ranger 4x4 and getting a wrx wagon (part of it is the gas mileage and high gas prices), I really like how they look. I've never driven one or heard much about them, but want a car that I can customize with performance and stereo and everything. I guess i'm gonna find my answers here. I live in northern pennsylvania so i wanted something all wheel drive, i was also looking at honda accords too.
    Last edited by rideac1; 10-02-2005 at 05:42 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, and yes you can learn just about everything you need to know about subies here just use the search button
    - Local Riceist

Ian
    Welcome! Try to test drive a WRX and I'm sure you will fall in love, the WRX is a awsome car, tons of mods for them, good luck

I mainly wanted to see how much/ what I can get used for around 15 grand. I'm going to sell my truck in the spring to get the car. Wondered if repairs are expensive and what usually goes/breaks, and how much mileage should I look for on the car for the price I want to spend. I'm experienced with installing parts and pretty familiar with parts and such and how everything works.
    My good friend has an accord all performanced out with lowered suspension and perf. clutch and stuff, and I drive it once in a while and love it, it makes me want a car real bad.
    Last edited by rideac1; 10-02-2005 at 05:38 PM.

I live in MA and for 15K your looking at 2002's only and probubly wagon only, from dealer, 40-50K. privit party is diffrent. if it was well maintanded your looking at only normal stuff over time brakes, airfilter. if its beat on some cluches are bad but if you get it from a good dealer they should replace it. Look around and test drive one you will be happy
    Signed,
    Irving Washington

Quote Originally Posted by kraigt
    I live in MA and for 15K your looking at 2002's only and probubly wagon only, from dealer, 40-50K. privit party is diffrent. if it was well maintanded your looking at only normal stuff over time brakes, airfilter. if its beat on some cluches are bad but if you get it from a good dealer they should replace it. Look around and test drive one you will be happy
    sweet thanks, I'm hoping I can find a newer one such as an 02. My truck has only 40k on it now, so I should be able to get a decent amount for it.
    current Ford Ranger owner: to be WRX owner

my brother has a 99 there nice trucks. I personaly went from an suv to the WRX and even though i miss the truck handling, the felling of driving an AWD turbo is awsome. are you looking at a 5 speed or auto?
    Signed,
    Irving Washington

my brother has a 99 there nice trucks. I personaly went from an suv to the WRX and even though i miss the truck handling, the felling of driving an AWD turbo is awsome. are you looking at a 5 speed or auto?

definately 5 speed, my truck's an auto and I hate the auto, it shifts in the craziest times, i have a computer chip and stuff and it still sucks, it has nice power though with the 4.0 v6, but with mud/all terrain tires it sucks

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Another ranger owner Ray ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

good
    Signed,
    Irving Washington

The other thing i'm worried about, is there alot of interior/seat room? I'm 6'2" and don't fit at all in my friend's cars, except for the accords.
    The other thing: i'm really into audio systems, is a WRX wagon good for a sound quality system, if you know? just wondering

I'm also looking at doing some auto-x, never done it, cause i don't have a car, but have been to a few events
    Last edited by rideac1; 10-02-2005 at 06:22 PM.

im 6'1 there is pleanty of room im not in to subs but im gessing it would be prity good probubly less sound from the body panels stock sterio sucks though even with premium sound.
    Signed,
    Irving Washington

I Support ClubWRX
    im 6'1 there is pleanty of room im not in to subs but im gessing it would be prity good probubly less sound from the body panels stock sterio sucks though even with premium sound.
    I'm 6'3" and have plenty of head and legroom. The factory sound system is weak - barely adequate.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    I'm 6'3" and have plenty of head and legroom. The factory sound system is weak - barely adequate.
    ohh, i'm not worried about the factory system, i'll probably never turn it on before I have my MB Quart system in. haha

what do you have for a sterio
    Signed,
    Irving Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast