Heyy!!!

This is a discussion on Heyy!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey my name is tom and i recently just got a 2002 wrx. im from nc and still attending school. ...

Heyy!!!

hey my name is tom and i recently just got a 2002 wrx. im from nc and still attending school. Currently i only have the apex gt-spec exhaust on the car but hoping to get a bov soon and dp/up. looking forward to posting here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by loltom02
    hey my name is tom and i recently just got a 2002 wrx. im from nc and still attending school. Currently i only have the apex gt-spec exhaust on the car but hoping to get a bov soon and dp/up. looking forward to posting here!
    Welcome and congrats on the new bugeye
    Dont waste your money on the bov
    - Local Riceist

welcome to the club...+1 on not getting the bov...if you research them youll find tons of info
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I Support ClubWRX
    Howdy and welcome Tom!

Please read the stickies - you do not need a BOV. The one from Subaru is the best choice.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

welcome!

bov = no
    Dave
    01 RS

yea i did a little more reading on them. i heard alot of mixed things about them but i also heard some of the bad things that happen caused by bovs. so i might just stay awa from them and get my up/dp. will i have big problems passing inspections? i got some time, but im just curious. can anyone point me into the direction were i can get mroe info about this? did a search but alot of the info wasnt that helpful

I live in MA wich has strick emision controls and i passed with down pipe and hi flow cat. Ive herd you can pass with uppipe as long as you do the right stuff to not set of the check engine light, one resion im geting an accessport. but if you go with a full down pipe and they see the cat's not there your going to fail.
    Signed,
    Irving Washington

Quote Originally Posted by loltom02
    yea i did a little more reading on them. i heard alot of mixed things about them but i also heard some of the bad things that happen caused by bovs. so i might just stay awa from them and get my up/dp. will i have big problems passing inspections? i got some time, but im just curious. can anyone point me into the direction were i can get mroe info about this? did a search but alot of the info wasnt that helpful

I'm down here in Charlotte and had the same concerns, and the answer, as long as you have a cat you're fine. There's no sniffing in NC emissions so as long as you're not running any CEL you'll be fine

What's this? A fng that listens?

Welcome tom!

Welcome to the club!!
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey there.. Tom! Welcome to the club... Enjoy the Bugeye..

Bugeyes Rule
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES