Hey all!

This is a discussion on Hey all! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. I stumbed onto your forums while searching for info on the WRX. I am thinking of picking up ...

Hey all!

Hey guys. I stumbed onto your forums while searching for info on the WRX. I am thinking of picking up a '06 WRX in the next few days, and was wondering what are some of the things that you really like about your car and what the the things you don't like. I really like the thought of having an AWD car instead of a FWD. I am a performance enthusiast, so modifing the car is a definite, so if you guys to tell me some strenghts and weaknesses of the car please do. Right now I drive a supercharged 98 Accord V6, and really want something that will be fun to drive and not loose half its value in the first 6 months of owning it (SRT-4 is the other car I am looking at).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do some search on the forum, read the stickies in Performance section and you should have most of your questions answered. I remember at least 2 threads about "what you like/dislike aobout your Subaru"
    Good luck with your future purchase.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Quote Originally Posted by boostedj30
    Hey guys. I stumbed onto your forums while searching for info on the WRX. I am thinking of picking up a '06 WRX in the next few days, and was wondering what are some of the things that you really like about your car and what the the things you don't like. I really like the thought of having an AWD car instead of a FWD. I am a performance enthusiast, so modifing the car is a definite, so if you guys to tell me some strenghts and weaknesses of the car please do. Right now I drive a supercharged 98 Accord V6, and really want something that will be fun to drive and not loose half its value in the first 6 months of owning it (SRT-4 is the other car I am looking at).
    the SRT-4 will loose some value soon, specially since it kinda bombed as a seller for Dodge to the point Dodge is goign to stop making neons now. Any Subaru holds its value for a LONG time, hence why you're still seeing '02 WRXs for $15-$20k. The only negative side I have with the WRX(specially coming from a Honda) is that it doesn't except some mods as well as others with out engine management, but with accessport that's straight plug-and-play it's really not a bad thing at all, specially since that means you pretty much gotta make sure it's tuned well so you've always got a nice car running instead of some beater that's about to fall apart. I don't know how the '06 are, I'm assuming they've made the tranny's a lot tougher, but the previous years the WRX had some issues with 2nd and 4th gears, but unless you're dragging the car there's nothing to worry about(by the way drag racing a WRX is a waste of a car). The handeling of the WRX is amazing, especially coming from a Honda, you'll love it! And the '06 is bad ass! There was an '06 WRX Wagon at the Subaru Challenge yesterday that had all SPT parts on it, it sounded, looked amazing. yeah the SRT-4 can get faster easier, it's no where near the car that the WRX is