New owner - funny story :)

This is a discussion on New owner - funny story :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm picking up my 2005 Impreza WRX Wagon this afternoon from a local dealership. It would have been a car ...

Talking New owner - funny story :)

I'm picking up my 2005 Impreza WRX Wagon this afternoon from a local dealership. It would have been a car buying process just like any other except that two days ago when I went for a test drive something totally funny happened.

I took a brand spanking new black 2005 WRX Wagon for a spin. It had a total 1.8 miles on the meter! Everything was still wrapped in plastic foil and it had the protective stuff all over the exterior. So I drove it around as carefully as possible making sure I don't abuse it since I wasn't sure if this particular car wouldn't be mine in few days.

As I was almost done with the ride I was about to pull into the dealer parking lot when to my surprise I got pulled over by a cop! A storm of thoughts ran through my mind - was it speed, turn signals, lights? No, none of the above. It turned out the dealer dude forgot to put the temporary licence plate on the car and the cop stopped us to remind him to put it on.

So, as a conclusion, in the past 5 years of driving a beetle I got nailed once for speed on my home street. That's 1 time in 5 years!!! I get behind a wheel of a WRX and get pulled over in 5 minutes! That's 1 time in 5 minutes. Seems like a great beginning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hahaha, everyone loves WRX's.

Be careful out there, cops look for anything to pull people over.

HK8834 I like your avatar.

WagonGuy I'v had the STi since May and haven't even had a cop look at me twice...knock wood.
    There is no such thing as, "too much Horse Power"!

2005 STi CGM
    Cobb Stage 1
    K&N Typhoon Intake

Quote Originally Posted by MSDWRXSTI
    HK8834 I like your avatar.
    thanks

i was test driving a wrx sedan when i got pulled over by a cop..this is in lafayette indiana....i thought he got me for speeding or something..only me and my wife in the car...so he gets out and tells me that im missing my plate...i show him the dealer plates in the rear window and he apologies...and then goes on to ask me how i like the test drive and if this thing is worth it as hes been pulling a lot of people over with these cars....he gets the dealers name and tell me thanks for the feedback on the drive experience.. .cos hes now looking to get himself one of these...ehehhehe.....then lets me go and as hes walking away he tells his partner quote: "Man I want one of those!!"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Good new car story!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics