hello!!! 04 - wRx subby - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on hello!!! 04 - wRx subby within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I thought I post pictures but i guess i didnt. I'm a newb when it comes to forums. Somone wanna ...

I thought I post pictures but i guess i didnt. I'm a newb when it comes to forums. Somone wanna help? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RexisMe
    you dont need to be a prick about it, they were just trying to help you.... shoot... its not our fault you bought someone elses ride that they installed parts on before researching and probably beat the piss out of the car the entire time they had it.good luck w/ that...

It's ok, all to frequently we have people sign up here that are experts in everything auto-related because they've watched fast and furious, pimp my ride and read the latest sport compact car while sitting in study hall.

Quote Originally Posted by RexisMe
    you dont need to be a prick about it, they were just trying to help you.... shoot... its not our fault you bought someone elses ride that they installed parts on before researching and probably beat the piss out of the car the entire time they had it.good luck w/ that...
    Well point people who has a stock Intake box? Or stock BOV ?

is that a tac guage?...btw, i have stock intake and stock bov

Quote Originally Posted by wrx slob
    is that a tac guage?...btw, i have stock intake and stock bov
    sounds boring lol joke...

Quote Originally Posted by johnsm
    Well point people who has a stock Intake box? Or stock BOV ?
    I have the stock intake and stock bov, and i'm stage 4 with an 18g, 311 whp.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club. Nice looking ride. I like the rims, appearance wise.
    Unless you are seriously pushing your car, the BOV and CAI aren't going to do any immediate harm. Long term, it's hard to say. If you've noticed any idle stumble issues, or stumbling during shifting, then that is the BOV causing an overrich condition. The CAI tends to cancel it out, but the CAI can also cause intermittant lean conditions that over time, can harm your engine.

Now...the MBC. Take it off before you go boom. Yeah, the extra power is nice, but in a year or 2 (or earlier), you'll thank us for this.

Some good advice would be to remove the CAI, the BOV, and the MBC and use the money to invest in some EM such as Cobb AP, Utec, or Ecutec. This will give you MUCH more performance than your current setup and will be much safer. Alternatively, get some EM that will support the CAI, and use a BOV that is adustable to make it recirculate 100%. Then if you track it or drag it, you can at least be sure of getting 100% out of the engine.

If you would rather have the visual/audible eye candy of the BOV and and CAI, and the slight performance increase of the MBC, then hey, it is your car. I support that 100%. We're just trying to help you out here in case you may not have known of some the issues related to these items. Have fun!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Welcome and ditto ^^^
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Question

I alwasy have the MBC all the way in. So the turbo is running like what 10 psi?
    Just for daily driving...
    And CAI was already in place when i got the car. And the HKS BOW same with that.

if you're wondering what your MBC is pushing look at your gauge.

Nice Scooby!

max it goes to 0.5 bar.
    SO if 1 bat is 14.9 PSI 0.5 must be around 9 or 10 PSI

I dont have a formula so im just guessing.

WHAT RIMS ARE THOES!!! THEY LOOK SICK!

rOSS

New Pics....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0656.jpg   100_0657.jpg   100_0659.jpg   100_0660.jpg   100_0661.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks very clean. Love the all silver motif your working with. Not a lot of folks like ths silver mesh in the front, but it looks good with your all around combo. Nice job.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.