New member sayin whats up! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New member sayin whats up! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by XimportncWRX how are the tranny's in the '06? I know in my '02 with the way 2nd ...

Quote Originally Posted by XimportncWRX
    how are the tranny's in the '06? I know in my '02 with the way 2nd gear is I wouldn't be anywhere near a drag strip
    redesigned. . and I'm guessing that it's a total overhaul of the trans.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the club and congrats on the new wrx...def post some #s
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    redesigned. . and I'm guessing that it's a total overhaul of the trans.
    Much stouter ribbing to prevent torsional twisting/flexing/swelling, and additonal synchors added. The WRX trans has been much maligned due to some of the issues with the weaker units produced during 02, but to date, is a much more robust unit. I personally also think a lot has to do with driver education on the proper use of driving a stick, but that's just me.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Welcome. One request please. After you break it in, and before you mod it for performance, please take it to the drag strip just once and then post your times here. There are a lot of anxious folks wondering how well it will perform. Same goes for a dyno if you can find a shop in your area. Believe me, you won't believe the number of responses you'll get if you post a dyno of a stock 06 TR WRX here, or stock quarter mile times.

Thanks a lot!!
    Scott

I'm trying to get to the track tomorrow night. But I probably won't be doing a dyno for a while becuaes of my lack of fund$, but I'll post up as soon as I know something!

Quote Originally Posted by XimportncWRX
    how are the tranny's in the '06? I know in my '02 with the way 2nd gear is I wouldn't be anywhere near a drag strip

Well, I'm not sure of the comparison between the 06 and pervious years seeing that this is my first Subie. I pesonaly like it so far, I just got out of a Nissan Spec-v which has a close ratio six. The WRX has much smoother and acurat shifting, the sycros are amazing compaird to the spec. The wrx has more play, but when your getting on it, it never misses or binds up, deffantly needs a short ****er though. That will probably be one of my first mods. I'm very happy with the profomace so far but it is auqard getting used to the awd and turbo seeing that I have never had it before. The car is smooth and very quite stock and just flat out wants to haul ass!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisTR06
    I'm trying to get to the track tomorrow night. But I probably won't be doing a dyno for a while becuaes of my lack of fund$, but I'll post up as soon as I know something!
    hmmm....www.exoticmotorsports.com always charged me $60 for a 3 pull dyno. They are probably not too far from you.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.