a few questions about wrx

This is a discussion on a few questions about wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i want to buy wrx but i have a few questions to ask..if i were to buy a wrx non ...

a few questions about wrx

i want to buy wrx but i have a few questions to ask..if i were to buy a wrx non turbo where can i find a turbo kit to buy for it and how much..or would it be better to find one with a turbo already.....which is cheaper is what im really asking...i love workin on cars but im use to non turbos..and my boys just bumped up there rides to an nsx and supra..so i want to beable to keep up with them or beat them...is it possible with this car..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There is no such thing as a non turbo wrx...there is a 2.5rs which isnt turbo, but doesnt use the same motor or anything like it. The 2.5 from the rs does not take to boost. It would be much cheaper to buy a wrx or buy an older rs (00-01) and do a swap.

Most likely you'd be better off getting an wrx and going from there. It depends on how modded your "boys" cars our through. It will take alot of money to allow a wrx to run down a modded nsx or supra. A more realistic goal would be an ET or even a hp amount. Finally do some searches for infomation...if you have a question about basic stuff odds are it's been covered in atleast 50 threads....and theres another 50 threads telling someone to search for it.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    There is no such thing as a non turbo wrx...there is a 2.5rs which isnt turbo, but doesnt use the same motor or anything like it. The 2.5 from the rs does not take to boost. It would be much cheaper to buy a wrx or buy an older rs (00-01) and do a swap.

Most likely you'd be better off getting an wrx and going from there. It depends on how modded your "boys" cars our through. It will take alot of money to allow a wrx to run down a modded nsx or supra. A more realistic goal would be an ET or even a hp amount. Finally do some searches for infomation...if you have a question about basic stuff odds are it's been covered in atleast 50 threads....and theres another 50 threads telling someone to search for it.
    Why 00-01? The RS was first made in '98, and the GC8 body style in '93 if thats all you want....

Quote Originally Posted by tonyila83
    i want to buy wrx but i have a few questions to ask..if i were to buy a wrx non turbo where can i find a turbo kit to buy for it and how much..or would it be better to find one with a turbo already.....which is cheaper is what im really asking...i love workin on cars but im use to non turbos..and my boys just bumped up there rides to an nsx and supra..so i want to beable to keep up with them or beat them...is it possible with this car..
    Unless you plan on dumping a HUGE amount of money into the WRX you're not going to be able to touch a modded NSX or Supra(depending on if the Supra is TT). It'd be hard pressed with even the STI. That's just me. It's not uncommon to hear of 850+whp supras and NSX is Acura's answer to the corvette and so forth.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by XimportncWRX
    Unless you plan on dumping a HUGE amount of money into the WRX you're not going to be able to touch a modded NSX or Supra(depending on if the Supra is TT). It'd be hard pressed with even the STI. That's just me. It's not uncommon to hear of 850+whp supras and NSX is Acura's answer to the corvette and so forth.
    Sort of true. A stock STi will pretty much own an NSX though. Yeah, they are neat cars, but won't keep up with an STi....was able to prove that to myself twice. Once on the road and once on the track. They just don't have much torque, although top end isn't bad at all, too bad it takes to long to get there.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

try to take down hulk hogan's supra
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Sort of true. A stock STi will pretty much own an NSX though. Yeah, they are neat cars, but won't keep up with an STi....was able to prove that to myself twice. Once on the road and once on the track. They just don't have much torque, although top end isn't bad at all, too bad it takes to long to get there.
    does the NSX run a VTEC too?