CHECK OUT MY NEW STi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on CHECK OUT MY NEW STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, Ive posted here a couple times talking about buying a 2006 Sti well 2 days ago I pulled ...

CHECK OUT MY NEW STi

Hey all,

Ive posted here a couple times talking about buying a 2006 Sti well 2 days ago I pulled the trigger. First let me start by clearing the air some of you may remember i was pissed at my local Subaru here in Jacksonville, Fl well since my last post I was contacted by the general manager will who was very kind and made things right he even sold me my car at DEAD INVOICE. I could not ask for more from my dealer great price obviously and when i walk in the door now im treated like i own the place. Thanx guys!!!

Well to the good stuff i love this car more than i thought i would. Im very impressed with the handeling being turbo makes it very fun to drive i love the look even though some think its ugly very. The power and tourque actually suprised me i was not expecting it to be very fast. I got aspen white with gold wheels and the performance group 2B package which includes titanium shift knob, turbo boost gauge & short throw shifter.

There are a few things i dont like the factory stereo SUCKS japs are suppose to be big into technoligy what the hell happened, also the road noise I know the cut weight every where the can but damn its as noisy as a John Deer tractor inside and I cant decide whats worse listening to the road or the radio well at least i can fix the radio problem.

Bottom line im very HAPPY to be an STi owner Ive put 650 miles in two days and loving every one of them. I look forward to getting to know everyone here it seems to be a very cool forum. Im posting some pics of the new ride for your viewing pleasure i hope they up load.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

...where are the pics?

Congratz on the purchase.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by rain49king
    Hey all,

Ive posted here a couple times talking about buying a 2006 Sti well 2 days ago I pulled the trigger. First let me start by clearing the air some of you may remember i was pissed at my local Subaru here in Jacksonville, Fl well since my last post I was contacted by the general manager will who was very kind and made things right he even sold me my car at DEAD INVOICE. I could not ask for more from my dealer great price obviously and when i walk in the door now im treated like i own the place. Thanx guys!!!

Well to the good stuff i love this car more than i thought i would. Im very impressed with the handeling being turbo makes it very fun to drive i love the look even though some think its ugly very. The power and tourque actually suprised me i was not expecting it to be very fast. I got aspen white with gold wheels and the performance group 2B package which includes titanium shift knob, turbo boost gauge & short throw shifter.

There are a few things i dont like the factory stereo SUCKS japs are suppose to be big into technoligy what the hell happened, also the road noise I know the cut weight every where the can but damn its as noisy as a John Deer tractor inside and I cant decide whats worse listening to the road or the radio well at least i can fix the radio problem.

Bottom line im very HAPPY to be an STi owner Ive put 650 miles in two days and loving every one of them. I look forward to getting to know everyone here it seems to be a very cool forum. Im posting some pics of the new ride for your viewing pleasure i hope they up load.
    congrats! I'm jealous! The road noise in the '06 is supposed to be a great deal less than the '05. My advice, go test drive an RSX and then you'll appreciate how much quieter the STI is The radio, it's not supposed to be great. the STi is a race car, that's how it was built, that's what it's meant for. The radio is the last thing Subaru and most the people buying are going to look at. The '04 didn't even have a radio in it. the STI is straight up performance, but like you said the radio is easily fixable. So's the road noise. You can go get some dynomat froma local car audio store and put it under the door panels, floor and lid of trunk etc. should help quiet things down a bit.

Congrtas bro ! I got a black one with gold wheels, and yes I agree with the noise thing. I dont care though, i`m loving it! Let me know what mods you`re gonna do.

Peachypumpkincheeks

*Lucky*

I'll have my day, damn you all!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by rain49king
    all i can say is WOW private.... lol inside joke.

Subaru probably has the best factory system availiable(the legacy mcintosh system) im an avid audiophile and that is the best factory system i have ever heard... you just didnt get it lol.

Sound systems on these things are a BIZNATCH! get a good face plate, you can go from 2-4k(navigation screen high name brands) to 350-400 for a decent one... dont spend less than that if you want a great head unit... dont get me wrong good head units can be had for 150-300 but they arnt great... speakers are the crappy part... you need spacers to put new 6.5 seperates in the front(desperatly needed) and the rear with the speaker in the bottom of the door sucks too... either have somthing custom put back in the rear lid or cut out bigger holes for 6.5's in the door.

as for the sub thats all what you want to do, I like the custom box in the wheel well with a good 10 or 12 inch... or you can just affix a box to the back.

enjoy your new car
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

congrats on the new car.

brian you got a evo 8... you should drive it off a cliff and get an sti.. shame on u
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Quote Originally Posted by GIRex
    brian you got a evo 8... you should drive it off a cliff and get an sti.. shame on u
    Been there done that RE: 6mt's. . . Didn't want another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    *Lucky*

I'll have my day, damn you all!
    LOL

Congrats the car, but we need........ PICS PICS PICS!

congrats on the new sti....im looking to trade in my 04 wrx for an 06 sti in the near future....im thinkin about white/gold too...post some pics
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Sweet! I am glad to hear they did things right for ya at the Jax dealership.

Welcome to the "Hotness" club

(although pics would be nice)

Since I got the exhaust on my car, I hardly ever listen to the radio anymore!! That would cut down on road noise, listening to that beautiful boxer rumble!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

theres a new utec for the 06 sti, I wonder how much power thats gonna add.

Check out my Subauruuu!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast