'06 WRX Mod/Waranty Questions

This is a discussion on '06 WRX Mod/Waranty Questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so I'm new to the scene and I'm not going to be modding for a little bit ( Gotta ...

Registered User ParklandsFinest's Avatar

'06 WRX Mod/Waranty Questions

Ok so I'm new to the scene and I'm not going to be modding for a little bit ( Gotta save up some money ). But I have a few questions about modding and voiding factory waranty.

Basically I'm wondering what mods I should do.. And what I can do that does not void the waranty on the car.

I'm not really sure the differences between the 05 and the 06 so I'm not sure if the first mods list is really the same. I know my car has the 2.5 and thats new but I have to surrender to greater intelligence on this one.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unhappy

I am curious about this too. I own a '05 with the extended warranty. in my case I wanted a conical injet air intake system but some told me that it my engine star to act strange I could not go to Subaru and get to fixed for free because they will claim that thatís not the air intake that the car had from factory and it is not a Subaru part.

I opted for a "deleted intake-silencer" mod and I will buy a true-flow air drop-in air filter. I would like to do more but I am afraid to void the warranty

I Support ClubWRX
    Any mod that may by the farthest stretch possible related to causing a faulty design by subaru to come out.....will cause you headache. If you have a catless setup and you have tranny issues they can say the car wasnt ment for the much power. If you have window tint and your window regulator goes up they can say it's from that. Basicaly anything you do other then factory options can viod your warranty. Dont expect to be helped out if you have a cobb stage 2 setup......but it's the old play to pay, and as a buyer I can apprioete when they turn away repairs that are clearly from abuse of aftermarket parts. They would lose there arse for every tranny they had to put in a vf-34 wrx......
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

There is a very good chance that any mod will void a part of your warranty. If you change the springs and come in with tranny issues they can't void you because the mods have nothing to do with each other. However, if there is an issue and a mod that are anywhere near related to each other chances are very good they will void it.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

hu mmm i think i will get parts from SPT and and trade my car in 2 years and get in to STI (hope fully with a redisign front grill on tht year)

So if any SPT and/or STI parts are used for a stock WRX it will not void any warranties? Thanks and Aloha

I believe its the Magnussen/Ross warranty thing that states for a dealer to void a warranty or deny service the dealer itself must be able to prove that that mod was the prime cause of the failure of the part in question.

This still doesn't prevent them from giving you a hard time or the run around hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Slide
    This still doesn't prevent them from giving you a hard time or the run around hehe

+1 for being a genius

...and what's up people and dealers only believing KBB if they are a seller, but not when they are a buyer, it's a friggin' nationwide viral epidemic of retardation