Newbie questions - break-in period, etc... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Newbie questions - break-in period, etc... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrom
    Leather not available in Canada (at least not in the wagon) Does come with the six pack CD, climate control, and heated seats though. That's the most important feature to me, gets pretty cold up here in Jan/Feb (my wife has them in her Outback...nice feature). I've had a sunroof in two other cars, but I just didn't use it much so I didn't bother with that option. I have about an 18 mile drive (country roads) into work each day, so I am REALLY looking forward to this winter...should make my drive FUN for a change. As for posting pics, I'll give it a try as soon as it arrives.

Ted
    Where are you located in Canada?
    -Bruce

Kingston area...

hi conundrum,

welcome and congrats on the 06. as far as breaking-in is concered, i followed the manual for our car... most notably, not taking it past 4000 rpm. i know there are people out there that say you can let it rip, but i wouldn't recommend it. drive it like the manual says for the 1600 km and you should be fine. i did that on my 06 and 2200 km into it and the engine is fine. i don't think its worth it to push the engine during the break-in only to find out later that things didn't seat properly (aka. better safe than sorry). and besides, being in kingston and driving into work, you'll be done your break-in in no time at all! i also got my first oil change done after the break-in and i'm not going to switch to synthetic until the next oil change (after 4000 km more ...@ 6000km... to get me back on the maintenance schedule) just to add some extra work-in with regular oil. and yeah, avoid keeping the speed constant for a long period of time. don't use cruise control... let the speed (rpms and actual speed) fluctuate... my two-cents on breaking-in.

anyway, i drive into toronto all the time so maybe i'll see you there if you ever drive into t.o.

and check out www.toronto-subaru-club.com ... good place for local events news and other local things (though this forum is amazing too ).... don't forget to post pics!
    Last edited by drummerboy; 10-04-2005 at 04:29 PM.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

Hi Drummerboy,

Thanks for your ideas. When it's all said and done I will take it easy that first 1600 KM's. Should only take me about 1 month with a couple of weekend drives combined with my daily commute to get the 1600KM's under my belt. I drove through Toronto this weekend watching feverishly for an '06 WRX but didn't spot one on the 401. The posts here are about the best look at the WRX that I've had (yours were excellent by the way). I've seen some great pics from the guys on this forum !!

Ha, I had no idea about the Toronto Subaru club link...thanks for that too.

This wait for my car is killing me....arghhhh...somebody tell that container ship to crank it up a few knots !!

...finally...

The wait was long but well worth it, my wagon finally arrived this week. Last thing I owned that was even close to this was my '87 Mustang GT (yep, I'm close to 40). I had a general idea of what the power would feel like, but the cornering blows me away (and this is just bone stock). I can't even imagine how fun some of the cars are that you guys have modified !! This is going to be a lot of fun for a "familiy wagon"....hehehe.

p.s. thank you BrianH for explaining how to post pics in another thread, much appreciated. Hope this works....

Ted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WRX06.jpg   WRX06b.jpg  

not bad at all...especially for a "family car".

have fun!

Very nice... Consider yourself lucky. I have been waiting for over 3 weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.