Switching from Integra to a 05 wrx--I have ?'s

This is a discussion on Switching from Integra to a 05 wrx--I have ?'s within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all im new to the site and plan on buying a 2005 wrx aspen white if i can get. ...

Question Switching from Integra to a 05 wrx--I have ?'s

Hi all im new to the site and plan on buying a 2005 wrx aspen white if i can get. Kinda wanted to get something diff other then a honda I have owned 3 civics and my current car 97 acura integra ls. Now the ? i have is how much of a power loss is it from getting an automatic wrx rather than a manual ? now your all prob. wondering why I would do this lol reason being I shatterd my left ankle 2 years ago and makes it really hard to clutch and hurts like a mofo when i do. I was also told that the wrx uses a volkswagon engine. not a huge fan of volks in general coming from a honda guy im used to a more reliable engine. Any comments or insight is well appreciated.
    Last edited by Rogue21; 09-23-2005 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Typo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

first of all the whole volkswagon thing is new to me i am allmost 100% certain that subaru makes their own engines that and i know there are certain things that you have to do different when driving the automatic but i am pretty certain that you wont lose too much hp besides it dosent matter you got 4 wheels and limitless upgrade options. sory to hear about the ankle but my vote is get the wrx annyways

I Support ClubWRX
    First post? Welcome!

No, it is not a VW engine. Maybe some think so because it has the same horizontally opposed (boxer) layout the original air cooled VW Bug engines.

There is always loss going to an automatic. How much on the WRX I do not know.

Search around there is a forum devoted to the automatic WRXs: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/vdc-vtc-4eat/
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forums.

As 04SPTWRX pointed out, it isn't a VW engine, but it could be confused with the old style VW boxer layout.

However, think of it this way. The Porsche engine is the only other Boxer engine currently being mass manufactured. That should tell you a little bit about the Subaru block.

HP loss is fairly major with an Automatic WRX. The torque converter eats up a lot unfortunatley. Check out the Drag Racing forum and do a search and you should be able to find some examples of 4EAT (automatic) WRX times. I believe they are typically in the high 14s??? Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

old integra owner then, 05' wrx owner now

go with the wrx, your gains go up and up the more you have the car and there more fun then the integra and your also in a completly different crowd and believe me i know, i had an eg with a built type r, and an integra with a b20 block with a type r head with toda stroker kit,the bottom line is honda's just get boring after a while. with subie's it just get's better and better, it always depends on how deep your pockets are. just have fun.

Wow thx for the replies . im gonna go look at 2 wrx's tomor. at subaru i have a choice of two 05's white and silver leaning towards the white since in cali bay area most you see are blue or black and some silvers. well thx again guys <----- lol
    Last edited by Rogue21; 09-23-2005 at 08:04 PM. Reason: etc

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue21
    Wow thx for the replies . im gonna go look at 2 wrx's tomor. at subaru i have a choice of two 05's white and silver leaning towards the white since in cali bay area most you see are blue or black and some silvers. well thx again guys <----- lol

get white, there are just as many silver wrxs as there are blue ones.

i had a 95 gsr modded heavily and just recently sold it for an 06. trust me you won't be disapointed.

seems like lots of people going over from integras recently .

wow good one

I am currently driving an eg and im switching to an STi in a matter of 3 months.
    Problem is the 06 came out and im debating on which one to get. Should i get 06 or 05? its a toughy so far im going with the 05

i also came over from an integra and there's no doubt a bigger smile on my face whenever i drive it. good luck!