New Possible owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Possible owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok guys I've been a honda guy for a long time now and I getting tired of the honda group ...

New Possible owner

Ok guys I've been a honda guy for a long time now and I getting tired of the honda group getting younger and younger too! I'm looking at a 02 wrx right now. I have only too concerns:

1. I've been reading that the gears are weak and don't last long.
    2. I'm a real speed guy and love to get on open roads and just gunning it, is this going to be a bad car for me.

I need a four door car now and I just want to be about to have some fun every now and then. I miss having a turbo car like I used too also.

btw whats the stock boost pressure??

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blueteg01
    Ok guys I've been a honda guy for a long time now and I getting tired of the honda group getting younger and younger too! I'm looking at a 02 wrx right now. I have only too concerns:

1. I've been reading that the gears are weak and don't last long.
    2. I'm a real speed guy and love to get on open roads and just gunning it, is this going to be a bad car for me.

I need a four door car now and I just want to be about to have some fun every now and then. I miss having a turbo car like I used too also.

btw whats the stock boost pressure??

Thanks
    I'm not a hundred percent on the boost pressure, I've heard it's somewhere around 19psi. I just went from a '99 Honda Civic to an '02 WRX Wagon and don't regret it in any way shape or form. The gears will last long as long as you don't beat 'em to death. The WRX isn't meant to take high speeds in quick bursts(aka drag racing), other than that you should be fine. I think opening up on an open road should be fine.

stock boost is 13.5 psi, get a scoobie, you wont regret it, jsut dont beat it to death and launch it, and it will last you a long time

Quote Originally Posted by wrx slob
    stock boost is 13.5 psi, get a scoobie, you wont regret it, jsut dont beat it to death and launch it, and it will last you a long time

haha I was way off on the boost preassure, eh either way the WRX is going to be awesome and you're going to love it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.