2005 WRX Aftermarkets? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX Aftermarkets? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dypeterc How loud is the intake when the silencer is removed? Nothing major. You can just hear ...

Quote Originally Posted by dypeterc
    How loud is the intake when the silencer is removed?
    Nothing major. You can just hear the turbo spool up a bit and barely hear the stock bov.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nads07
    Hey guys i am new to the site, and also new to owning a WRX. I have wanted a WRX for about 3 years now, ever since they came out. I finally saved up and got one.
    Now i am looking to upgrade a little. what are some good things to add at first for not too too much money?
    Well, congrats on your new car! While everyone can be of great help on this site when it comes to questions about the WRX, its up to you to use the search option and research, research, RESEARCH! I cannot stress this enough. How much do you have to spend on upgrades? Needless to say, money can go real quick with this car (actually ANY car) so you have to decide what is important to you.

Here are my suggestions, assuming that its a new car:

1. Wheels and tires. Make sure that the offset is high enough on your rims!
    2. Short shifter and bushings. Makes a huge difference!
    3. K&N air filter. Some people don't like this, look around, read feedback, then decide!
    4. Cobb AP (or ecutek, etc) Engine Management. Jumps up your power by 38 hp (stage 1)
    5. Up Pipe. Haven't personally done this, but its on the way. Faster spool up for turbo.
    6. Turbo back exhaust. Decide how many cats you are going to keep (stock is 3) and a big factor is emmissions testing in your area. There is a post that has lots of exhaust systems that you can see and hear. Exhaust sounds
    7. Tint
    8. Suspension. Lots of choices here. Springs, coilovers, airbag suspension.

There is more to this list, small stuff like intake silencer delete, seats, wing, shift knob. Its your car, so while we all can offer advice, you are the one that has to look and drive it everyday. A key principle to think about.....you get what you pay for! Don't go cheap, and don't get into a rush before you know what you are doing or what you are buying. One more thing (then I'm done...promise), pay attention at the pumps. Premium every fill up. Some people like one gas over another, but I would suggest on only buying gas from one company. Congrats again on the purchase!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

New tires and rims (17" or 18"). http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/accessport.html
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

i also say, new tires and rims, then you should look into full exhaust and EM.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12