the use of intercooler water sprayer
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on the use of intercooler water sprayer within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm going to hopefully be a 2005 sti owner and was just wondering how you use and when to use ...

the use of intercooler water sprayer

I'm going to hopefully be a 2005 sti owner and was just wondering how you use and when to use the intercooler sprayer. i know it cools the inter cooler but is it really that necessary? How often should you use it? is it something you need to refill everyday? any answers will help this noob a lot.
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the USDM sprayer is pretty useless. Its not meant for frequent use, and I believe that it uses water from you winshield washer bottle.

the JDM version has a 12L resevoir in the trunk and works at much higher pressures.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

The STI's water tank for the ic is actually in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeMy2.5RS
    The STI's water tank for the ic is actually in the trunk.
    Blarg, you n00b
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I stand corrected. well technically I RECLINE corrected. Is this a new development? Did they USED to use the same resevior as the windshield?
    go f*** yourself

I'm not positive but I don't think that it's windshield washer fluid. I'm fairly certain its just water.

I Support ClubWRX
    I guy I work with has an 04 STi. 04+ USDM has always been in the trunk. I do not think he ever uses it - I'll ask tomorrow. The owners manual says not to use washer fluid.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I've seen people use it before...but its possible that they were putting windshield fluid in the other resevior....because it evaporates faster and leaves your intercooler squeaky clean.

of course the reason it evaporates faster is because it takes less energy to vaporize it...but that's just science stuff...we don't really get into that.

I'm working on a really really complex intercooler sprayer that WILL actually be usefull...bleah...now if god910 would just hurry up with that tank he's making.....
    go f*** yourself

You dont put washer fluid in the water spray resevoir...

Maybe add some alcohol base fluid like metho or isopropyl to the water...

the STI setup is cheap n nasty with lil plastic nozzles...

just incase you get thirsty
    10" Nike
    Mods- Gel Pad, Shoe Cleaner
    Scooby Dooby Doo

its like the water/flower trick......open up the hood and get someone to check the i.c. for you and......blamo hit the sprayer.
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

The Windshield spray IS different from the Intercooler Sprayer. They are both in seperate locations as well. The STi IC sprayer uses ONLY distilled and pure water. The container for it is in the trunk.
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

i installed one in my car, w/ a 2 gallon tank and a ford truck super pump window washer all mounted in the trunk, the switch is mounted next to the mirror adjuster in the extra hole. i run straight tap water in mine and it works good. i spray it all the time, my ic used to get way too hot to touch before, now the hottest it gets is warm with the fins still cool to the touch, when it is cool outside it just stays cold. i also have my ic at full tilt w/ the blarg mod, next will be the gauges so i know how good it really works. if you have one you might as well use it cooler air means a better running car right???

Quote Originally Posted by RHONE
    i installed one in my car, w/ a 2 gallon tank and a ford truck super pump window washer all mounted in the trunk, the switch is mounted next to the mirror adjuster in the extra hole. i run straight tap water in mine and it works good. i spray it all the time, my ic used to get way too hot to touch before, now the hottest it gets is warm with the fins still cool to the touch, when it is cool outside it just stays cold. i also have my ic at full tilt w/ the blarg mod, next will be the gauges so i know how good it really works. if you have one you might as well use it cooler air means a better running car right???
    Cooler air means more oxygen per cubic unit of input gas, because the gas will be at a lower pressure. Cooler air is equivalent to running higher boost as both increase the molar oxygen content per unit of input gas.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by racerWRX
    its like the water/flower trick......open up the hood and get someone to check the i.c. for you and......blamo hit the sprayer.
    Oh, that's good!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.