New to subaru--few ?'s

This is a discussion on New to subaru--few ?'s within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all. New to subaru's here, but I am very interested in purchasing one shortly. I've pretty much had gm's ...

New to subaru--few ?'s

Hi all. New to subaru's here, but I am very interested in purchasing one shortly. I've pretty much had gm's all my life, and currently have a 1996 trans am. Good car and all, but lots of stupid things always seem to plauge it. So now that it is paid off, I am looking at a new daily driver. I have always loved turbo cars, so I've been looking at 02/03 wrx's.

I'm going to look at one friday. It is a 2002 wrx wagon, 5 spd, w/ a 100k transferable warranty, from original owner. Car has 45k miles, no modifications, new summer tires, and an extra set of winter tires/rims. Asking price is $14.9/bro. Blue book value is around 16k or so. Sound like a good deal?

Also, any other particular things to look for, besides the usual? And what is the stock boost on these?

Looking foward to taking it for a drive. All I hear from current owners is how easy and worry free subaru's are to own, as that is exactly what I want. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Later,--Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome potential WRX owner.

Check out Edmunds.com or kbb.com for an idea of what to pay. Boost should be about .9 on the stock gauge (13 - 13.5 psi in 4th or 5th).

Search around here a bit more for more details - there are plenty to find.

Read the stickies at the top.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

yes very good deal for the miles in my opinion.. id buy it
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Great car, and you will love the wagon for the versatility!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I Support ClubWRX
    Very fair deal. Ask for a compression check on each cylinder, and pay close attention to the clutch and transmission when driving. Have someone stand in the back and watch it from a COLD start. If you see some smoke, ask them about the turbo. The 02 tranny can be a bit delicate, but as long as someone drove it ok, it should last for years and years.

If it was treated well, very fair deal. If not, it still isn't too bad, but you could use it as a bargaining tool for a better deal.

Good luck!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by redorange 96
    Hi all. New to subaru's here, but I am very interested in purchasing one shortly. I've pretty much had gm's all my life, and currently have a 1996 trans am. Good car and all, but lots of stupid things always seem to plauge it. So now that it is paid off, I am looking at a new daily driver. I have always loved turbo cars, so I've been looking at 02/03 wrx's.

I'm going to look at one friday. It is a 2002 wrx wagon, 5 spd, w/ a 100k transferable warranty, from original owner. Car has 45k miles, no modifications, new summer tires, and an extra set of winter tires/rims. Asking price is $14.9/bro. Blue book value is around 16k or so. Sound like a good deal?

Also, any other particular things to look for, besides the usual? And what is the stock boost on these?

Looking foward to taking it for a drive. All I hear from current owners is how easy and worry free subaru's are to own, as that is exactly what I want. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Later,--Dan
    I just bought a used '02 5speed Wagon less than a month ago. I love it! The only downside is that the sound system doesn't sound too great because the sound bounces around in the back of the wagon. Other than that it's a great car, handels great. That's a great price. I got mine for about the same with $62k miles on it.