Did I get a deal???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Did I get a deal??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, I just bought a '05 Saab 9-2x Aero (unexpectadly) with a sport package and only 8000 miles on ...

Did I get a deal???

Hey everyone, I just bought a '05 Saab 9-2x Aero (unexpectadly) with a sport package and only 8000 miles on it and the previous owner was a detailer. I got the car for 23k...if anyone has any comments on what kind of a deal I got it would be really helpful. Aloha.
    Sushi in a Swedish Roll...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by malulani_waves
    Hey everyone, I just bought a '05 Saab 9-2x Aero (unexpectadly) with a sport package and only 8000 miles on it and the previous owner was a detailer. I got the car for 23k...if anyone has any comments on what kind of a deal I got it would be really helpful. Aloha.
    You're not going to want to hear this, but no, you got a horrible deal.

Those cars were going for below 20K. However, it really all depends on your area. The main reason everyone wanted that car was because it was nicer than the WRX wagon and you got GM employee pricing, which set the car in the VERYYYYY low 20K, sometimes below 20K.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

I'd say he probably got a good deal being that he is from Hawaii. Everything is more expensive over there because it has to be shipped.

Aloha and welcome! Enjoy your car! I know there is a small WRX population in Aiea I believe (at least that is what my cuz was telling me).

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude
    I'd say he probably got a good deal being that he is from Hawaii. Everything is more expensive over there because it has to be shipped.

Aloha and welcome! Enjoy your car! I know there is a small WRX population in Aiea I believe (at least that is what my cuz was telling me).

~myke
    Like I said, it depends on the area. That was my disclaimer, but perhaps my post was a little harsh.

Hey Welcome! It is only money! You will spend more on mods than you could have saved anyway!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Oh , I was jsut expaining that everything is more expensive out there. I was out there visiting my cuz's last year and I bought a box of triscuits and some dried pinapples for like 10 bucks Granted I was in Waikiki at the time, but still.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

thanks guys for your feed back...yea i kinda put into account that I lived out here and things are definitely more expensive than anything in the mainland. Oh and I didnt get the GM price because it wasn't brand new and we only have 1 Saab dealer on the island and they only participated in that GM deal back in June and July. Soo...hopefully it wasn't too bad of a deal. Thanks again for hittin me back. Aloha.
    Sushi in a Swedish Roll...

Supply and Demand....you can't get any 2005's anymore anywhere on the mainland...so the fact that they went for 19K doesn't matter much....

The only bad part is that the 06's will be out soon and have many improvements including the 2.5l motor....
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

Quote Originally Posted by Chad W
    Supply and Demand....you can't get any 2005's anymore anywhere on the mainland...so the fact that they went for 19K doesn't matter much....

The only bad part is that the 06's will be out soon and have many improvements including the 2.5l motor....
    The whole POINT of the car was that it would be cheaper than the WRX while having leather. Now, with the '06s out, it's not cheaper (unless you find an '05) and it's not better, unless you really want a Saab.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

the only saab item on their is the front facia and interior other than that its a subaru.. great car, good price for hawaii... enjoy
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.